Files open automatically without prompt

I have a client who unchecked the "always ask before performing this action"
prompt on a download and now everything opens in IE. I need to be able to
show them how to resolve this issue. I looked under My Computer_Tools_File
Types and deleted the extension in question (CSV), but it didn't stop opening
the file.
Can anyone offer any suggestions on this?
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about files open automatically prompt

    How to configure Internet Explorer to open Office documents in the
    appropriate Office program instead of in Internet Explorer:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q162059/

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "MN" <MN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a client who unchecked the "always ask before performing this
    >action"
    > prompt on a download and now everything opens in IE. I need to be able to
    > show them how to resolve this issue. I looked under My
    > Computer_Tools_File
    > Types and deleted the extension in question (CSV), but it didn't stop
    > opening
    > the file.
    > Can anyone offer any suggestions on this?
    > Thanks

Windows XP