steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

I receive the following error when booting up my Windows XP Home PC:

NTLDR is Missing

I then booted from the Windows XP CD and entered the Recovery Console.
Then I tried to copy the NTLDR file using the following command:
Copy D:\i386\NTLDR C:

I receive the following error:
The file could not be copied.

When I try to access the hard drive by typing DIR at the C prompt, I receive
the following:

Directory of C:\

An error occurred during directory enumeration.

I cannot access the hard drive.

What can I do to restart this computer?

Thank you,

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

>I receive the following error when booting up my Windows XP Home PC:
>
> NTLDR is Missing
>
> I then booted from the Windows XP CD and entered the Recovery Console.
> Then I tried to copy the NTLDR file using the following command:
> Copy D:\i386\NTLDR C:
>
> I receive the following error:
> The file could not be copied.
>
> When I try to access the hard drive by typing DIR at the C prompt, I
> receive
> the following:
>
> Directory of C:\
>
> An error occurred during directory enumeration.
>
> I cannot access the hard drive.
>
> What can I do to restart this computer?

Run CHKDSK /R. If that doesn't help, and if it is not the case that you
left a floppy in the diskette drive, you might have to do a Repair (boot
using the Windows install CD and select the *2nd* repair option to do an
in-place upgrade; the first Repair option puts you into Recovery Console
mode). If you have applied SP-2 and your CD is SP-1, you'll need to
create a slipstreamed Windows install CD that includes SP-2 (i.e., you
don't want to use an SP-1 install CD in trying to repair an SP-2
installation).

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

Thank you Vanguard. This worked great!!
--
Steve