Jr Pacman Hi Score Save - Could someone take this on?

I came across Jr. Pacman and am wondering if anyone has a hi score save
kit for this. I'd love to save scores on this game as it's soooo
difficult. Thanks in advance.

John
26 answers Last reply
More about pacman score save

    D Widel wrote:
    > "Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > I came across Jr. Pacman and am wondering if anyone has a hi score
    save
    > > kit for this. I'd love to save scores on this game as it's soooo
    > > difficult. Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > John
    >

    > I could do it pretty easily. The top 10 code from the 96 in 1 should
    run
    > almost as is and I have a board that will work already. I'm sure I
    could
    > get regular pacman running w/o any real problems as a bonus, but is
    there
    > any demand?

    You'd probably have to add another digit to the high score, so it won't
    turn over at 1,000,000.

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.

    "Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > I came across Jr. Pacman and am wondering if anyone has a hi score save
    > kit for this. I'd love to save scores on this game as it's soooo
    > difficult. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > John

    I could do it pretty easily. The top 10 code from the 96 in 1 should run
    almost as is and I have a board that will work already. I'm sure I could
    get regular pacman running w/o any real problems as a bonus, but is there
    any demand?

    Dave

    ---

    Put me down for one Dave. Would you be able to get Pac & Ms Pac on
    there??

    Robert

    If you get pac / ms pac on there, life would be fantastic!

    John

    The thing I really like about this idea is the simplicity. Dave's
    96-in-1 is great, but if you just want to keep it simple w/ the
    originals, this is a cool way to go. Hope Dave can make it happen.

    Robert

    D Widel wrote:
    > So, I need feedback on options 1,2 or 3. Do you prefer any, or hate
    any?

    > Thanks,
    > Dave
    >

    > ---

    Dave,
    I opt for option number one with just the traditional hi score save for
    the jr. pac. If I ever need to play it, at least the scores are saved.
    That's all I would love to have.

    John
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Based on the info you have given us, I would opt for #1 as well. No
    need for slow/fast selection as I can't stand playing any pac man game
    slow speed. On a side note Dave: do you think Jr Pac will ever be
    able to run in a multi pac kit w/o any graphics issues?

    Thanks for all your work,
    Robert
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I vote for option #2. If I can run Pac, MsPac and Jr. Pac on a single
    board, that's all I need. I really don't need 96 variations of
    different graphics.

    Thanks for your work!!
    Han
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    D Widel wrote:
    > "Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in
    message

    > > "D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > > > So, I need feedback on options 1,2 or 3. Do you prefer any, or
    hate
    > any?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Dave
    > >
    > > I have a 96-in-1 kit that I have not installed yet, but would much
    rather
    > > have a board with a kit to play Jr. Pac, reg. Pac and Ms. Pac. The
    > question
    > > is, will they be identical to the originals, or would there be
    "issues?"
    > > Also, I take it that I would have to run this off of a Jr. Pac
    board. Is
    > > that correct? How common are those? How easy are they to hack
    into a
    > reg.
    > > Pac or Ms. Pac cabinet?
    >

    > There would definitely be issues. Mostly I think just minor like
    text being
    > printed in the wrong color. Each game would have to be individually
    ported
    > so there wouldn't be many games running on it.
    >
    > Dave
    >

    > ---

    Dave,
    I'd say just do the hi score save kit for Jr. Pacman. I think this
    would be awsome and most people would be happy with it. Just my
    opinion.

    John
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Would it be possible to emulate Super Pac on a Jr. Pac pcb closer than
    it already is on the 96-in-1?

    Baraka wrote:
    > D Widel wrote:
    > > "Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in
    > message
    > > >
    > > > "D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > hate
    > > any?

    > > > I have a 96-in-1 kit that I have not installed yet, but would
    much
    > rather
    > > > have a board with a kit to play Jr. Pac, reg. Pac and Ms. Pac.
    The
    > > question
    > > > is, will they be identical to the originals, or would there be
    > "issues?"
    > > > Also, I take it that I would have to run this off of a Jr. Pac
    > board. Is
    > > > that correct? How common are those? How easy are they to hack
    > into a
    > > reg.
    > > > Pac or Ms. Pac cabinet?
    > >

    > > There would definitely be issues. Mostly I think just minor like
    > text being
    > > printed in the wrong color. Each game would have to be
    individually
    > ported
    > > so there wouldn't be many games running on it.
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >

    > > ---
    >
    > Dave,
    > I'd say just do the hi score save kit for Jr. Pacman. I think this
    > would be awsome and most people would be happy with it. Just my
    > opinion.
    >
    > John
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I'd also be interested in the kit.

    Jess

    Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in news:HBzge.74984$c24.56220
    @attbi_s72:

    > "Baraka" <grus_jc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> I came across Jr. Pacman and am wondering if anyone has a hi score
    save
    >> kit for this. I'd love to save scores on this game as it's soooo
    >> difficult. Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> John
    >

    > I could do it pretty easily. The top 10 code from the 96 in 1 should
    run
    > almost as is and I have a board that will work already. I'm sure I
    could
    > get regular pacman running w/o any real problems as a bonus, but is
    there
    > any demand?
    >
    > Dave
    >

    > ---

  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    <rcecil@chartercom.com> wrote in message
    > Put me down for one Dave. Would you be able to get Pac & Ms Pac on
    > there??

    I looked into it a long time ago. Iirc the only problems w/ adding the
    earlier games was some text colors aren't physically possible. I.e. the
    "ready" would be the wrong color. Stuff like the tunnel slow downs will
    have to be rewritten which is a little more awkward on ms pac since there's
    more screens but not impossible.

    There are 3 ways to do this.

    1. I use the universal HS board. That would allow a top 10 list only,
    maybe a fast/slow option. Probably something like the Make Trax kit where
    you hold both buttons and up to go fast or down for slow. ~$35

    2. I use a board that can bank program roms like the original pacman HSS I
    did. It does everything 1 does plus I can hack a couple of other games to
    run, pacman etc. They would use the Jr graphics chips so the text would be
    the jr 3d and the characters would be Jr. I'd probably have to cut the
    intermissions, and the attract mode would look terrible, but it should play
    and sound like the original. ~$65

    3. I use 2. and add graphics banking, It basically turns into a multipac.
    Pac, and Ms pac could probably be played with occasional color issues, and
    possibly there might be some slight differences in the ghost AI, depending
    on if I can get the "slides" coded right. And now that I think about it
    Alien armada would run with very minor changes. ~$130

    Options 2 & 3 would require more than just a couple of people interested
    obviously, but 1 is not a lot of work as I can reuse the code from the
    pacman kit.

    Dave

    ---
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    So, I need feedback on options 1,2 or 3. Do you prefer any, or hate any?

    Thanks,
    Dave

    ---
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    > Based on the info you have given us, I would opt for #1 as well. No
    > need for slow/fast selection as I can't stand playing any pac man game
    > slow speed. On a side note Dave: do you think Jr Pac will ever be
    > able to run in a multi pac kit w/o any graphics issues?

    Sure it's possible, but I'm sure it won't happen. There's not a whole lot
    of customers for this sort of thing to begin with and then you subtract the
    ones that have bought emulation boards and there's not much left. I think
    the only chance for something like that, that doesn't involve mame is for
    FPGArcade.

    Dave
    ..

    ---
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > So, I need feedback on options 1,2 or 3. Do you prefer any, or hate any?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dave

    I have a 96-in-1 kit that I have not installed yet, but would much rather
    have a board with a kit to play Jr. Pac, reg. Pac and Ms. Pac. The question
    is, will they be identical to the originals, or would there be "issues?"
    Also, I take it that I would have to run this off of a Jr. Pac board. Is
    that correct? How common are those? How easy are they to hack into a reg.
    Pac or Ms. Pac cabinet?

    Thanks, Dane.
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in message

    > "D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > > So, I need feedback on options 1,2 or 3. Do you prefer any, or hate
    any?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Dave
    >
    > I have a 96-in-1 kit that I have not installed yet, but would much rather
    > have a board with a kit to play Jr. Pac, reg. Pac and Ms. Pac. The
    question
    > is, will they be identical to the originals, or would there be "issues?"
    > Also, I take it that I would have to run this off of a Jr. Pac board. Is
    > that correct? How common are those? How easy are they to hack into a
    reg.
    > Pac or Ms. Pac cabinet?

    There would definitely be issues. Mostly I think just minor like text being
    printed in the wrong color. Each game would have to be individually ported
    so there wouldn't be many games running on it.

    Dave

    ---
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    <pcasey@bfusa.com> wrote in message
    > Would it be possible to emulate Super Pac on a Jr. Pac pcb closer than
    > it already is on the 96-in-1?

    No, it would be much worse because of the lack of color resolution. None of
    the advantages of the Jr board would help.

    ---
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Option #1 would be perfect.

    Jess

    Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in news:dnKge.75928$WI3.23057
    @attbi_s71:

    > <rcecil@chartercom.com> wrote in message
    >> Put me down for one Dave. Would you be able to get Pac & Ms Pac on
    >> there??
    >

    > I looked into it a long time ago. Iirc the only problems w/ adding
    the
    > earlier games was some text colors aren't physically possible. I.e.
    the
    > "ready" would be the wrong color. Stuff like the tunnel slow downs
    will
    > have to be rewritten which is a little more awkward on ms pac since
    there's
    > more screens but not impossible.
    >
    > There are 3 ways to do this.
    >
    > 1. I use the universal HS board. That would allow a top 10 list
    only,
    > maybe a fast/slow option. Probably something like the Make Trax kit
    where
    > you hold both buttons and up to go fast or down for slow. ~$35
    >
    > 2. I use a board that can bank program roms like the original pacman
    HSS I
    > did. It does everything 1 does plus I can hack a couple of other
    games to
    > run, pacman etc. They would use the Jr graphics chips so the text
    would be
    > the jr 3d and the characters would be Jr. I'd probably have to cut
    the
    > intermissions, and the attract mode would look terrible, but it
    should play
    > and sound like the original. ~$65
    >
    > 3. I use 2. and add graphics banking, It basically turns into a
    multipac.
    > Pac, and Ms pac could probably be played with occasional color
    issues, and
    > possibly there might be some slight differences in the ghost AI,
    depending
    > on if I can get the "slides" coded right. And now that I think
    about it
    > Alien armada would run with very minor changes. ~$130
    >
    > Options 2 & 3 would require more than just a couple of people
    interested
    > obviously, but 1 is not a lot of work as I can reuse the code from
    the
    > pacman kit.
    >

    > Dave
    >

    > ---

  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    I would take one.

    I prefer Option #1

    thanks

    David Haynes
    dlh@bombjack.org

    www.bombjack.org

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 17:43:44 GMT, Jesso <jesso@verizonnospam.net> wrote:

    >Option #1 would be perfect.
    >
    >Jess
    >

    > Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in news:dnKge.75928$WI3.23057
    >@attbi_s71:
    >

    >> <rcecil@chartercom.com> wrote in message
    >>> Put me down for one Dave. Would you be able to get Pac & Ms Pac on
    >>> there??
    >>

    >> I looked into it a long time ago. Iirc the only problems w/ adding
    >the
    >> earlier games was some text colors aren't physically possible. I.e.
    >the
    >> "ready" would be the wrong color. Stuff like the tunnel slow downs
    >will
    >> have to be rewritten which is a little more awkward on ms pac since
    >there's
    >> more screens but not impossible.
    >>
    >> There are 3 ways to do this.
    >>
    >> 1. I use the universal HS board. That would allow a top 10 list
    >only,
    >> maybe a fast/slow option. Probably something like the Make Trax kit
    >where
    >> you hold both buttons and up to go fast or down for slow. ~$35
    >>
    >> 2. I use a board that can bank program roms like the original pacman
    >HSS I
    >> did. It does everything 1 does plus I can hack a couple of other
    >games to
    >> run, pacman etc. They would use the Jr graphics chips so the text
    >would be
    >> the jr 3d and the characters would be Jr. I'd probably have to cut
    >the
    >> intermissions, and the attract mode would look terrible, but it
    >should play
    >> and sound like the original. ~$65
    >>
    >> 3. I use 2. and add graphics banking, It basically turns into a
    >multipac.
    >> Pac, and Ms pac could probably be played with occasional color
    >issues, and
    >> possibly there might be some slight differences in the ghost AI,
    >depending
    >> on if I can get the "slides" coded right. And now that I think
    >about it
    >> Alien armada would run with very minor changes. ~$130
    >>
    >> Options 2 & 3 would require more than just a couple of people
    >interested
    >> obviously, but 1 is not a lot of work as I can reuse the code from
    >the
    >> pacman kit.
    >>

    >> Dave
    >>

    >> ---

  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    super pac is a 6502 game, jr, pac and ms pac are z80;s

    <pcasey@bfusa.com> wrote in message
    > Would it be possible to emulate Super Pac on a Jr. Pac pcb closer than
    > it already is on the 96-in-1?
    >
    > Baraka wrote:
    > > D Widel wrote:
    > > > "Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in
    > > message

    > > hate
    > > > any?

    > much
    > > rather
    > The
    > > > question
    > > "issues?"
    > > board. Is
    > > into a
    > > > reg.
    > > >

    > > > There would definitely be issues. Mostly I think just minor like
    > > text being
    > > > printed in the wrong color. Each game would have to be
    > individually
    > > ported
    > > > so there wouldn't be many games running on it.
    > > >
    > > > Dave
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > >
    > > Dave,
    > > I'd say just do the hi score save kit for Jr. Pacman. I think this
    > > would be awsome and most people would be happy with it. Just my
    > > opinion.
    > >
    > > John

  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "VaxX" <geoff_gunn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    ..au...
    > super pac is a 6502 game, jr, pac and ms pac are z80;s

    I don't let little details like cpu type slow me down ;) The screensize is a
    bigger problem. And it's 6809, not 6502.

    Dave

    ---
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    "D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > So, I need feedback on options 1,2 or 3. Do you prefer any, or hate any?

    OK, I'm not going to even count, between the emails and posts it's
    overwhelmingly option 1. I just cut the code out of the old pacman hi
    score kit I did years ago and tried it out in mame with good results. It
    still needs a lot of little things like a way to clear the nvram, though.
    It will work exactly like the top ten list from the 96in1. The differences
    so far is I had to cut the sound effects, and the colors. As of right now
    the text is all yellow. I may work on that though. Something interesting
    though, I see no reason this won't work on the entire family of Pac games.
    Pacman, and bootlegs of Ms Pac and Pac Plus, probably even Piranha.

    Dave

    ---
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    Will it work in Pacland? (I don't have one yet, but that is on my list...)

    Dane.

    > "D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com> wrote in message
    > > So, I need feedback on options 1,2 or 3. Do you prefer any, or hate
    any?

    > OK, I'm not going to even count, between the emails and posts it's
    > overwhelmingly option 1. I just cut the code out of the old pacman hi
    > score kit I did years ago and tried it out in mame with good results. It
    > still needs a lot of little things like a way to clear the nvram, though.
    > It will work exactly like the top ten list from the 96in1. The
    differences
    > so far is I had to cut the sound effects, and the colors. As of right now
    > the text is all yellow. I may work on that though. Something interesting
    > though, I see no reason this won't work on the entire family of Pac games.
    > Pacman, and bootlegs of Ms Pac and Pac Plus, probably even Piranha.
    >
    > Dave
    >

    > ---

  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    > Will it work in Pacland? (I don't have one yet, but that is on my
    list...)

    No, that's a newer hardware platform.

    ---
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    VaxX wrote:
    > super pac is a 6502 game, jr, pac and ms pac are z80;s
    >
    > <pcasey@bfusa.com> wrote in message
    > > Would it be possible to emulate Super Pac on a Jr. Pac pcb closer
    than
    > > it already is on the 96-in-1?
    > >
    > > Baraka wrote:
    > > > message

    > > > hate

    > > much
    > > > rather
    Pac.
    > > The
    > > > "issues?"
    Pac
    > > > board. Is
    > > > into a

    > > > text being
    > > individually
    > > > ported

    2/15/2005

    > > > Dave,
    > > > I'd say just do the hi score save kit for Jr. Pacman. I think
    this
    > > > would be awsome and most people would be happy with it. Just my
    > > > opinion.
    > > >
    > > > John

    Dave... Will you be making the Jr. Pac hi score save kit with option 1
    only?

    John
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

    > Dave... Will you be making the Jr. Pac hi score save kit with option 1
    > only?
    >
    > John

    Yes, I don't think there's enough users to support more than one option.

    Dave

    ---

Games Video Video Games