XP Search only works in Safe Mode!

I tried searching the internet on google and tried a lot of stuff to no
avail. Just upgraded My 70 year old friends computer from WIN ME to XP
and when you click on search the computer hangs for about 30 seconds and
no window pops up. It works in the safe mode.

George Chambers wrote:
> I tried searching the internet on google and tried a lot of stuff to
> no avail. Just upgraded My 70 year old friends computer from WIN ME
> to XP and when you click on search the computer hangs for about 30
> seconds and no window pops up. It works in the safe mode.

How much RAM does the video card have? How much RAM memory on this pc ?
After the 30 seconds, does the Search work better?
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

The computer is a Dell Dimension 8100 1.4mhz pentium 4 with 384mb 400mhz
rdram memory, Radeon vid card with 32mb ddr memory. The search never
opens anything when you click it. It acts like it cant find the search
program. It works fine in the safe mode.