Non functioning task manager.

Hi can any one give some advice on this issue for me, when ever I call up
the task manager it comes up as a small window which can be resized right
down to nothing (not normally possible) and only lets me access the running
task, nothing else. Also I have no menu, which is why I can't access other
aspects of the manager. To close the task manager I have to right click on
the icon in the tray and close it from the two option menu that comes up
which is not normal in it self.

Would appreciate some advice.

Lloyd
4 answers Last reply
More about functioning task manager

    Open task manager and double click on the border.

    --
    The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they
    foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.

    "Lloyd Codrington" <LloydCodrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:EE5238E4-402B-4B9F-99C6-D6D7BEA77359@microsoft.com...
    | Hi can any one give some advice on this issue for me, when ever I
    call up
    | the task manager it comes up as a small window which can be resized
    right
    | down to nothing (not normally possible) and only lets me access the
    running
    | task, nothing else. Also I have no menu, which is why I can't
    access other
    | aspects of the manager. To close the task manager I have to right
    click on
    | the icon in the tray and close it from the two option menu that
    comes up
    | which is not normal in it self.
    |
    | Would appreciate some advice.
    |
    | Lloyd

    Hi Ricky,

    Well thanks a lot for that. I was kind of wondering what went wrong. Neat
    trick.

    By the way my computers never die of natural causes, once they really mess
    me around I fry the insides with vodca. Habbit from my Sinclere C5 days.

    Good night mate.

    "Ricky" wrote:

    > Open task manager and double click on the border.
    >

    > --
    > The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they
    > foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.
    > Joe Martin
    >
    > "Lloyd Codrington" <LloydCodrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > in message news:EE5238E4-402B-4B9F-99C6-D6D7BEA77359@microsoft.com...
    > | Hi can any one give some advice on this issue for me, when ever I
    > call up
    > | the task manager it comes up as a small window which can be resized
    > right
    > | down to nothing (not normally possible) and only lets me access the
    > running
    > | task, nothing else. Also I have no menu, which is why I can't
    > access other
    > | aspects of the manager. To close the task manager I have to right
    > click on
    > | the icon in the tray and close it from the two option menu that
    > comes up
    > | which is not normal in it self.
    > |
    > | Would appreciate some advice.
    > |
    > | Lloyd

    You're welcome..glad it helped. :-)

    --

    in message news:07E9841B-E265-4C09-9B4F-895557A9C08B@microsoft.com...
    | Hi Ricky,
    |
    | Well thanks a lot for that. I was kind of wondering what went
    wrong. Neat
    | trick.
    |
    | By the way my computers never die of natural causes, once they
    really mess
    | me around I fry the insides with vodca. Habbit from my Sinclere C5
    days.

    | Good night mate.
    |
    | "Ricky" wrote:
    |
    | > Open task manager and double click on the border.
    | >

    | > --
    | > The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they
    | > foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.
    | > Joe Martin
    | >
    | > "Lloyd Codrington" <LloydCodrington@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote
    | > in message
    | > | Hi can any one give some advice on this issue for me, when ever
    | > call up
    | > | the task manager it comes up as a small window which can be
    resized
    | > right
    | > | down to nothing (not normally possible) and only lets me access
    the
    | > running
    | > | task, nothing else. Also I have no menu, which is why I can't
    | > access other
    | > | aspects of the manager. To close the task manager I have to
    right
    | > click on
    | > | the icon in the tray and close it from the two option menu that
    | > comes up
    | > | which is not normal in it self.
    | > |
    | > | Would appreciate some advice.
    | > |
    | > | Lloyd

    Hi Ricky,

    Let me pick your brain a bit. Is there any way to reset Win XP to all
    defaul values for things like desktop and startup options? Somehow I am not
    able to boot up in safe mode. After I press F8 it loads up the drivers then
    goes and cold boots from a power on state. But it definately counts the
    memory.

    Puzzled.

    Thanks anyway if you can help here.

    Lloyd

    "Ricky" wrote:

    > You're welcome..glad it helped. :-)
    >
    > --
    > The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they
    > foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.
    > Joe Martin
    >
    > "Lloyd Codrington" <LloydCodrington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    > in message news:07E9841B-E265-4C09-9B4F-895557A9C08B@microsoft.com...
    > | Hi Ricky,
    > |
    > | Well thanks a lot for that. I was kind of wondering what went
    > wrong. Neat
    > | trick.
    > |
    > | By the way my computers never die of natural causes, once they
    > really mess
    > | me around I fry the insides with vodca. Habbit from my Sinclere C5
    > days.
    > |
    > | Good night mate.
    > |
    > | "Ricky" wrote:
    > |
    > | > Open task manager and double click on the border.
    > | >

    > | > --
    > | > The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they
    > | > foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.
    > | > Joe Martin
    > | >
    > | > "Lloyd Codrington" <LloydCodrington@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote
    > | > in message
    > | > call up
    > resized
    > | > right
    > the
    > | > running
    > | > access other
    > right
    > | > click on
    > | > comes up
    > | > |
    > | > |

Support Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP