I press F8 to start in safe mode, but I get a message that there is a
keyboard error and am asked to select either F1 or F2. I pressed F1 and my
computer starts up but the keyboard doesn't work. If I restart without trying
to go to Safe Mode, my keyboard works just fine.

Why can't I get to Safe Mode? Why does my keyboard work when I restart
normally, but not if I've tried to get to Safe Mode?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is your keyboard USB, PS2, or wireless?

What is the selection in the BIOS for the keyboard set to?

"safemodeboy" <safemodeboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I press F8 to start in safe mode, but I get a message that there is a
> keyboard error and am asked to select either F1 or F2. I pressed F1 and my
> computer starts up but the keyboard doesn't work. If I restart without
> trying
> to go to Safe Mode, my keyboard works just fine.
>
> Why can't I get to Safe Mode? Why does my keyboard work when I restart
> normally, but not if I've tried to get to Safe Mode?

I solved the problem. Thanks very much.