Safe Mode Problem

I press F8 to start in safe mode, but I get a message that there is a
keyboard error and am asked to select either F1 or F2. I pressed F1 and my
computer starts up but the keyboard doesn't work. If I restart without trying
to go to Safe Mode, my keyboard works just fine.

Why can't I get to Safe Mode? Why does my keyboard work when I restart
normally, but not if I've tried to get to Safe Mode?
2 answers Last reply
More about safe mode problem

    Is your keyboard USB, PS2, or wireless?

    What is the selection in the BIOS for the keyboard set to?

    "safemodeboy" <safemodeboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I press F8 to start in safe mode, but I get a message that there is a
    > keyboard error and am asked to select either F1 or F2. I pressed F1 and my
    > computer starts up but the keyboard doesn't work. If I restart without
    > trying
    > to go to Safe Mode, my keyboard works just fine.
    >
    > Why can't I get to Safe Mode? Why does my keyboard work when I restart
    > normally, but not if I've tried to get to Safe Mode?

    I solved the problem. Thanks very much.

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > Is your keyboard USB, PS2, or wireless?
    >
    > What is the selection in the BIOS for the keyboard set to?
    >
    > "safemodeboy" <safemodeboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I press F8 to start in safe mode, but I get a message that there is a
    > > keyboard error and am asked to select either F1 or F2. I pressed F1 and my
    > > computer starts up but the keyboard doesn't work. If I restart without
    > > trying
    > > to go to Safe Mode, my keyboard works just fine.
    > >
    > > Why can't I get to Safe Mode? Why does my keyboard work when I restart
    > > normally, but not if I've tried to get to Safe Mode?

Safe Mode Keyboards Windows XP