Winows/Buttons stuck in Classic style

When I go to properties/themes it does let me select XP for a theme, but it
only changes the backround. It wont changes the windowd or buttons style.
Also when I go to properties/appearance the only selection in the windows and
buttons box is windows classic. It doesn't even list XP style as an option. I
tried goin to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and downloaded
sevral different lines ( 187, 214 , and 271) and ran them but still no luck.
3 answers Last reply
More about winows buttons stuck classic style

    Type Services.msc in Start-Run dialog
    Double-click Themes
    Set the Startup type to "Automatic"
    Start the service

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Lunchb0x" <Lunchb0x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I go to properties/themes it does let me select XP for a theme, but
    > it
    > only changes the backround. It wont changes the windowd or buttons style.
    > Also when I go to properties/appearance the only selection in the windows
    > and
    > buttons box is windows classic. It doesn't even list XP style as an
    > option. I
    > tried goin to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and downloaded
    > sevral different lines ( 187, 214 , and 271) and ran them but still no
    > luck.

    Themes was already set as "Automatic" and it said it was already started....

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Type Services.msc in Start-Run dialog
    > Double-click Themes
    > Set the Startup type to "Automatic"
    > Start the service
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Lunchb0x" <Lunchb0x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When I go to properties/themes it does let me select XP for a theme, but
    > > it
    > > only changes the backround. It wont changes the windowd or buttons style.
    > > Also when I go to properties/appearance the only selection in the windows
    > > and
    > > buttons box is windows classic. It doesn't even list XP style as an
    > > option. I
    > > tried goin to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and downloaded
    > > sevral different lines ( 187, 214 , and 271) and ran them but still no
    > > luck.

    Insert your Windows XP CD
    Type CMD in Start, Run and press Enter
    Type:

    EXPAND X:\I386\LUNA.MS_ C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna\LUNA.MSSTYLES

    Where X:\ is the CD-ROM drive-letter.

    --

    > Themes was already set as "Automatic" and it said it was already
    > started....
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Type Services.msc in Start-Run dialog
    >> Double-click Themes
    >> Set the Startup type to "Automatic"
    >> Start the service
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Lunchb0x" <Lunchb0x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > When I go to properties/themes it does let me select XP for a theme,
    >> > but
    >> > it
    >> > only changes the backround. It wont changes the windowd or buttons
    >> > style.
    >> > Also when I go to properties/appearance the only selection in the
    >> > windows
    >> > and
    >> > buttons box is windows classic. It doesn't even list XP style as an
    >> > option. I
    >> > tried goin to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and
    >> > downloaded
    >> > sevral different lines ( 187, 214 , and 271) and ran them but still no
    >> > luck.

Style Windows XP Classic