TECH: Air Hockey/ Pool Tables

i wanted to see if anyone here knows if it is easy/possible to convert a
recreational/home use air hockey or pool table to coin op tables, and if so
what is required? do they sell a kit for this maybe?

not too easy? not possible?

thanks for any comments,
Kelly

Air Hockey could be made coin-op by adding a coin timer box like they
have for kiddie rides. You're out of luck on the conversion of the pool
table though.

ok, cool...i just bought an air hockey and would like to do this if not too
terribly expensive! how much are they and who sells these coin timer boxes?
any websites?

i'm guessing there has to be a cutout on side to fit this mechanism,
correct? like a coin door on vids?

thanks Ken

"Ken Layton" <KLayton888@aol.com> wrote in message
> Air Hockey could be made coin-op by adding a coin timer box like they
> have for kiddie rides. You're out of luck on the conversion of the pool
> table though.

A timer wont let you keep score or stop the puck from coming out after
the game is over. That means kids hitting the puck around with the air
off. Your nice table will look like and old table in no time. Spend the
money and get a real table. Ted

Kelly Ray wrote:
> i wanted to see if anyone here knows if it is easy/possible to convert a
> recreational/home use air hockey or pool table to coin op tables, and if so
> what is required? do they sell a kit for this maybe?
>
> not too easy? not possible?

Unless you got some pretty high-end tables I'd question why you'd want
to do this. Most of the games I've seen are passable for home use, but
would die a quick death under regular use. (we're talking your average
cheap waffer board $100=< airhockey or pool game from Sears / KMart /
Wal-Mart / etc.)

Find an auction and grab one there. I'm not sure what they'd go for, but
if you're serious about operating them I think it'd be worth it to get
something that was made for commercial purposes.
--
Dave Bush <statman.onay.pamsay@twcny.rr.com>

Remove the pig Latin to reply.

the one i have is pretty well build it looks like....from Academy 8"foot!
i'm just looking for the cheaper way out, always! if you guys think that
this won't be good for route purposes then i won't even try it. just found
a cheap one in excellent shape and heavy as hell!!

i would buy at an auction but they are already coming from ops that have
"USED" them up with serious wear! they always have scuffed or paint rubbed
off in front of cups from so much play. UGLY UGLY!!!

thanks for the comments,
Kelly