Unable to open Works Suite Word Documents and Spreadsheet ..

As a newbie, I have recently had to have my computer
completely repaired/updated. I am now using Windows XP
Professional Office Word and Excel, but I can't seem to
open my older saved documents - Windows XP Home Edition
Works Suite documents word processing and spreadsheets
(wps?) etc.

Sorry, but I need an easy fix as I dread having to
recreate my financial stuff for the last two years.

Thanks so much....

No real XPerience with works but in excel 2000 when you go file --> open
under the file types drop down box there is a "Microsoft Works 2.0 *.wks)"
option, is this the same filetype as works spreadsheet ?

And under the same filetype dropdown box under word 2000 there is a "Works
4.0 for windows *.wps" option too.

Give is a shot
hth
gerryR

"rubynebula" <nlc7322@msn.com> wrote in message
> As a newbie, I have recently had to have my computer
> completely repaired/updated. I am now using Windows XP
> Professional Office Word and Excel, but I can't seem to
> open my older saved documents - Windows XP Home Edition
> Works Suite documents word processing and spreadsheets
> (wps?) etc.
>
> Sorry, but I need an easy fix as I dread having to
> recreate my financial stuff for the last two years.
>
> Thanks so much....

Not positive - but WORD does not provide correct encoding for opening WORKS
files. Suggest visit to Microsoft support.

AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL