Linksys wireless network problem no internet access.

Hello all,

I am running a small home network running win98 SE. My router is the
wrt54g while I am using the wmp54g wireless pci card. My remote PC can
see the main pcs hard drives but it cannot access the internet. I am
able to ping each computer and I get replies just fine. I switched
the channel. I disabled my proxy in IE 5. Nothing is working here. I
have no firewalls running. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards
Mike

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

Can any of your PC able connect to your ISP [RoadRunner] directly (without
the WRT54G)? If so, you may need to spoof the MAC address of the network
card of that PC into your WRT54G (click 'MAC Address Clone') and leave the
router as 'Automatic Configuration-DHCP'. :)

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, it was written:

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:21:31 -0800, "JimboLee2@NETZER0@.NET"
<anon@pop.netzero.net> wrote:

>Can any of your PC able connect to your ISP [RoadRunner] directly (without
>the WRT54G)? If so, you may need to spoof the MAC address of the network
>card of that PC into your WRT54G (click 'MAC Address Clone') and leave the
>router as 'Automatic Configuration-DHCP'. :)
>
>On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, it was written:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am running a small home network running win98 SE. My router is the
>> wrt54g while I am using the wmp54g wireless pci card. My remote PC can
>> see the main pcs hard drives but it cannot access the internet. I am
>> able to ping each computer and I get replies just fine. I switched
>> the channel. I disabled my proxy in IE 5. Nothing is working here. I
>> have no firewalls running. Any suggestions would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>

>> Regards
>> Mike

Thanks Jim I will give that a try. Also, I am now able to ping web
sites through the command prompt but still no go using IE 6

Regards
Mike

mfell2112,nospam*@yahoo.com wrote in

> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:21:31 -0800, "JimboLee2@NETZER0@.NET"
> <anon@pop.netzero.net> wrote:
>
>>Can any of your PC able connect to your ISP [RoadRunner] directly
>>(without the WRT54G)? If so, you may need to spoof the MAC address of
>>the network card of that PC into your WRT54G (click 'MAC Address
>>Clone') and leave the router as 'Automatic Configuration-DHCP'. :)
>>
>>On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, it was written:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am running a small home network running win98 SE. My router is
>>> the wrt54g while I am using the wmp54g wireless pci card. My remote
>>> PC can see the main pcs hard drives but it cannot access the
>>> internet. I am able to ping each computer and I get replies just
>>> fine. I switched the channel. I disabled my proxy in IE 5. Nothing
>>> is working here. I have no firewalls running. Any suggestions
>>> would be greatly appreciated.
>>>

>>> Regards
>>> Mike
>>>

> Thanks Jim I will give that a try. Also, I am now able to ping web
> sites through the command prompt but still no go using IE 6
>

> Regards
> Mike

The WinSock may be corrupt on the O/S.

http://www.bu.edu/pcsc/internetaccess/winsock2fix.html

You can try it to see if that will fix your problem.

Duane :)