Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hung Application

Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 6:50:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have been trying for a week now to install ACDSEE 7 on my new Dell with
windows XP. I have it installed with no problems on my 3 other Dells with XP,
1 laptop and 2 desktops all 1 to 2 years old. The error report says hung
application, ver0.0.0.0 etc. ACDSEE 6 installs fine. I have the same spyware
programs running on each, Mcafee and Spysweeper. ACDSEE has been no help so
far.
Thanks

More about : hung application

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 10:21:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

ScottMacD wrote:
> I have been trying for a week now to install ACDSEE 7 on my new Dell
> with windows XP. I have it installed with no problems on my 3 other
> Dells with XP, 1 laptop and 2 desktops all 1 to 2 years old. The
> error report says hung application, ver0.0.0.0 etc. ACDSEE 6
> installs fine. I have the same spyware programs running on each,
> Mcafee and Spysweeper. ACDSEE has been no help so far.
> Thanks

Use XP's Event Viewer to see if it has some entries related to your probem ---perhaps by date & time.
Start button/ Run / type
eventvwr.msc<enter> --
or Go to Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools >Event Viewer.
Review the sections and look for Errors or Warnings that match the time the event occurred.
Double click the line that is at issue---the information may give a clue.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 6:44:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Maurice: I checked the event viewer and it provides little usefule (to me)
info. It is a category 101 with and event ID of 1002.
I neglected to write that twice now I received the blue warning wall. The
codes from that warning ( I photographed it) are 0x0000000, 0x00000027 and in
parenthesis 0xBAAD009C, 0xA8908AAC, 0xA89087A8, 0xAF72D558.

I tried installing again last night after disabling one of my printers (my
oldest) and the same thing occurred.

Thanks
Scott MacDowell

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> ScottMacD wrote:
> > I have been trying for a week now to install ACDSEE 7 on my new Dell
> > with windows XP. I have it installed with no problems on my 3 other
> > Dells with XP, 1 laptop and 2 desktops all 1 to 2 years old. The
> > error report says hung application, ver0.0.0.0 etc. ACDSEE 6
> > installs fine. I have the same spyware programs running on each,
> > Mcafee and Spysweeper. ACDSEE has been no help so far.
> > Thanks
>
> Use XP's Event Viewer to see if it has some entries related to your probem ---perhaps by date & time.
> Start button/ Run / type
> eventvwr.msc<enter> --
> or Go to Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools >Event Viewer.
> Review the sections and look for Errors or Warnings that match the time the event occurred.
> Double click the line that is at issue---the information may give a clue.
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 10:38:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

ScottMacD wrote:
> Maurice: I checked the event viewer and it provides little usefule
> (to me) info. It is a category 101 with and event ID of 1002.
> I neglected to write that twice now I received the blue warning wall.
> The codes from that warning ( I photographed it) are 0x0000000,
> 0x00000027 and in parenthesis 0xBAAD009C, 0xA8908AAC, 0xA89087A8,
> 0xAF72D558.
>
> I tried installing again last night after disabling one of my
> printers (my oldest) and the same thing occurred.
>
> Thanks
> Scott MacDowell
>
Scott,
Try noting the source id from the event log. See http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1002
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 5:41:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Maurice: I find nothing that identifies "source ID" only "source". At source
it says "application hang". This occurs at all instances of my attempt to
insstall ACDSee over the course of now almost 2 weeks.

Scott MacDowell

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> ScottMacD wrote:
> > Maurice: I checked the event viewer and it provides little usefule
> > (to me) info. It is a category 101 with and event ID of 1002.
> > I neglected to write that twice now I received the blue warning wall.
> > The codes from that warning ( I photographed it) are 0x0000000,
> > 0x00000027 and in parenthesis 0xBAAD009C, 0xA8908AAC, 0xA89087A8,
> > 0xAF72D558.
> >
> > I tried installing again last night after disabling one of my
> > printers (my oldest) and the same thing occurred.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Scott MacDowell
> >
> Scott,
> Try noting the source id from the event log. See http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1002
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
>
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 10:26:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Be sure this program's version is compatible with Windows XP. Check with the vendor's support. Also see if they have a product patch or upgrade.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----

ScottMacD wrote:
> Maurice: I find nothing that identifies "source ID" only "source". At
> source it says "application hang". This occurs at all instances of my
> attempt to insstall ACDSee over the course of now almost 2 weeks.
>
> Scott MacDowell
>
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 8:15:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Maurice: The program is compatible . I have it running on 4 other Dells with
XP. In addition this morning I got for the 3rd time the blue wall of death.
The code and I have a photo of the screen was 0x00000027. I just tried again
to reinstall the program to no avail. I bought this Dell with substantially
more RAM than my others (2 Gig) but it is the worst performing and only 2
weeks old. My other machines never suffered the blue wall.
Scott

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Be sure this program's version is compatible with Windows XP. Check with the vendor's support. Also see if they have a product patch or upgrade.
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> ScottMacD wrote:
> > Maurice: I find nothing that identifies "source ID" only "source". At
> > source it says "application hang". This occurs at all instances of my
> > attempt to insstall ACDSee over the course of now almost 2 weeks.
> >
> > Scott MacDowell
> >
>
>
!