Post your SOURCE results here

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Now that we are pretty much done playing Doom3, we look forward to HL2. Currently only CS source is out. But has a benching tool.

Here are my results

49.77 FPS

1280*1024 (LCD)
Model Detail: HIGH
AA: 6x
AF: 16x (in game and forced too)
Water: Reflect all
Shadows: Max
Shader: n/a
Vsync: ON

SYS(stock):
P4 3.2
2GB PC3200
X800 XT
Raptors in RAID0

<i> :evil: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil: </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
wierd...nobody else seems interested in VALVE games. :frown:

<i> :evil: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil: </i>

eden

Champion
Who else here has the CS: Source Beta?

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.php" target="_new"><font color=red><b>The THGC Photo Album revision Eden, faster updated than ever before!</A></b></font color=red>

AznAnarchy99

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2004
its cause not all people are in the beta

25.67 FPS

1280x960
Model Detail: HIGH
AA: 2x
AF: 4x
Water: Reflect all
Shadows: Max
Shader: n/a
Vsync: OFF

P4 2.26
512MB PC2700
ATi Radeon 9800Pro 128mb

i get better fps when actually playing the game. 50-60 fps running around, 20-30 is heavy combat/lots of frag nades

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
A SOURCE review can be found <A HREF="http://www.counterfrag.com/x-counterstrike-source-beta-review.htm" target="_new">here</A>

Gaming companies will soon require physicists rather than programmers.

<b><i><font color=red>"you shoot something; it goes flying. Big deal. Well, take a shot at a barrel. It falls over, maybe rolls a bit. Next time aim at the side. The barrel literally starts spinning in circles until it falls over. Aim at the top, the barrel will do a backflip. The new physics engine makes the ragdoll bodies very realistic. The bodies don't dissappear. They sit there. On 30+ player servers they start piling up, their limbs twisted uncomfortably naturally. Its actually quite creepy."</b></i></font color=red>

ComradeMishkin

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2003
Where can I download is to try it out. I really wanna have a go at it.

[EDIT]

Ok, I found it and I can't have it either as I haven't got CS:CZ nore I bought ATI product with HL2 voucher.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ComradeMishkin on 08/21/04 06:10 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
You have to have/be either one

1] A Cyber Cafe Owner with a Valve license OR
2] Owner of CS:CZ OR
3] Having HL2 coupon from ATI.

I bet you arent the 1st, 3rd is out of quetion now unless you buought a card with that coupon. Hence to play source you gotta buy Condition Zero. You can do that via steam from <A HREF="http://www.steampowered.com" target="_new">http://www.steampowered.com</A>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
In the above test I failed to mention what ATI drivers I was using. There I used catalyst 4.8 with the OGL driver of catalyst 4.9 just as i did for Doom 3. Infact it was for Doom 3.

In anycase I uninstalled all old drivers and switched back to complete 4.9 betas.

My FPS now became 58.64. Thats a jump by almost 10.

So <i>for me</i> 4.9 perform better than 4.8.