Battery icon not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello12345

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hi everyone, i have a Toshiba laptop and im unsure if the battery indicator is working correctly. When the battery is nearly empty and plugged into the power, the battery indicator moves up and down about 4 or 5 times when it is first plugged in & then it stops. When i hover over the battery icon it says "**% available, plugged in, charging" but the battery indicator icon doesnt move up and down and it appears as though the battery is nearly empty, even though it says it is charging. However the battery still charges and after it has been plugged in for a while it reaches 100% charge but while it was charging the battery indicator icon was not moving constantly up & down. Does anyone know if this is correct?

On previous laptops i have had, the battery indicator icon always went up and down continuously until it reached 100% charge & once it was fully charged it would stop moving and the battery icon would be completely full.

Does anyone know if this is normal or is it a fault with my new laptop?

khannett7

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
I am having the exact same problem with the addition that it never reads fully charged or any change in percentage left after unplugged. I replaced the battery with exact same voltage and model number

khannett7

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
thirddshopping- I just replaced my battery with a brand new one and my battery charges but the icon never seems to update the percentage or tell me when its about to die..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS