Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Virgin to break free of pre-pay market. In Canada?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
July 7, 2004 7:43:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On 6 Jul 2004 20:29:16 -0700, twtwwtin <twtwwtin@newsguy.com> wrote:

>http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8209-11704...

Did you see where you referenced? *UK.* The UK is not Canada.
Canada and the UK have been separated for many years. One is not the
other. If you see it in the Sun or some other tabloid you may have a
point.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 1:05:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

The relevance is that our friend Virgin is on his way to this place called
Canada and therefore I thought the article would make interesting reading for
some.
July 8, 2004 10:20:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On 7 Jul 2004 21:05:58 -0700, twtwwtin <twtwwtin@newsguy.com> wrote:

>The relevance is that our friend Virgin is on his way to this place called
>Canada and therefore I thought the article would make interesting reading for
>some.

Well, considering that they haven't even launched at all in Canada
don't you think this speculation that they're going to be a post-paid
operator in Canada is at best a little premature?

And why is Vigin a friend of yours? Did they make you some sort of
sweet deal or are you just cozy with Dick Branson?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 7:32:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL be launching into Canada in
the next quarter or so...
July 15, 2004 3:18:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

> I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL
> be launching into Canada in the next quarter or so...

whose network will they use?
July 15, 2004 9:04:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On 14 Jul 2004 23:18:54 -0700, obs@geocities.com (obs) wrote:

>> I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL
>> be launching into Canada in the next quarter or so...
>
>whose network will they use?

Telus

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 10:37:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Bell Mobility's network

"obs" <obs@geocities.com> wrote in message
news:772c0c2d.0407142218.79327513@posting.google.com...
> > I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL
> > be launching into Canada in the next quarter or so...
>
> whose network will they use?
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 11:42:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

They are a bunk reseller for Bell Mobility, and they will use the towers of
BWA members, and Telus where required.

G M
"obs" <obs@geocities.com> wrote in message
news:772c0c2d.0407142218.79327513@posting.google.com...
> > I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL
> > be launching into Canada in the next quarter or so...
>
> whose network will they use?
July 16, 2004 1:12:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:42:30 -0400, "G M" <greggm@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>They are a bunk reseller for Bell Mobility

Do they include a ladder to get up to the top bunk? Or is that an
extra cost?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply
Anonymous
July 16, 2004 4:13:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Joseph wrote:
> >They are a bunk reseller for Bell Mobility
>
> Do they include a ladder to get up to the top bunk? Or is that an
> extra cost?

Bell claims it has no hidden costs. But I would suspect Virgin might have such
hidden costs. After all, why charge a ladder if the customer is tall enough
that he doesn't need the ladder to get to the top bunk ?
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 3:46:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

It is interesting that Virgin has opted for CDMA rather than GSM. Given
Virgin's CDMA presence in the US, it would be interesting to see if they
permit roaming between Virgin Canada and Virgin USA and if so, at what
price.

Stu

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
news:40F7FE9B.7BE299AA@teksavvy.com...
> Joseph wrote:
> > >They are a bunk reseller for Bell Mobility
> >
> > Do they include a ladder to get up to the top bunk? Or is that an
> > extra cost?
>
> Bell claims it has no hidden costs. But I would suspect Virgin might have
such
> hidden costs. After all, why charge a ladder if the customer is tall
enough
> that he doesn't need the ladder to get to the top bunk ?
!