Virgin to break free of pre-pay market. In Canada?

11 answers Last reply
More about virgin break free market canada

    On 6 Jul 2004 20:29:16 -0700, twtwwtin <twtwwtin@newsguy.com> wrote:

    >http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8209-1170476,00.html

    Did you see where you referenced? *UK.* The UK is not Canada.
    Canada and the UK have been separated for many years. One is not the
    other. If you see it in the Sun or some other tabloid you may have a
    point.

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

    The relevance is that our friend Virgin is on his way to this place called
    Canada and therefore I thought the article would make interesting reading for
    some.

    On 7 Jul 2004 21:05:58 -0700, twtwwtin <twtwwtin@newsguy.com> wrote:

    >The relevance is that our friend Virgin is on his way to this place called
    >Canada and therefore I thought the article would make interesting reading for
    >some.

    Well, considering that they haven't even launched at all in Canada
    don't you think this speculation that they're going to be a post-paid
    operator in Canada is at best a little premature?

    And why is Vigin a friend of yours? Did they make you some sort of
    sweet deal or are you just cozy with Dick Branson?

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

    I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL be launching into Canada in
    the next quarter or so...

    > I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL
    > be launching into Canada in the next quarter or so...

    whose network will they use?

    On 14 Jul 2004 23:18:54 -0700, obs@geocities.com (obs) wrote:

    >> I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL
    >> be launching into Canada in the next quarter or so...
    >
    >whose network will they use?

    Telus

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

    Bell Mobility's network

    "obs" <obs@geocities.com> wrote in message
    > > I have it from a reliable source the Virgin WILL
    > > be launching into Canada in the next quarter or so...
    >
    > whose network will they use?

    They are a bunk reseller for Bell Mobility, and they will use the towers of
    BWA members, and Telus where required.

    G M

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:42:30 -0400, "G M" <greggm@sympatico.ca> wrote:

    >They are a bunk reseller for Bell Mobility

    Do they include a ladder to get up to the top bunk? Or is that an
    extra cost?

    Joseph wrote:
    > >They are a bunk reseller for Bell Mobility
    >
    > Do they include a ladder to get up to the top bunk? Or is that an
    > extra cost?

    Bell claims it has no hidden costs. But I would suspect Virgin might have such
    hidden costs. After all, why charge a ladder if the customer is tall enough
    that he doesn't need the ladder to get to the top bunk ?

    It is interesting that Virgin has opted for CDMA rather than GSM. Given
    Virgin's CDMA presence in the US, it would be interesting to see if they
    permit roaming between Virgin Canada and Virgin USA and if so, at what
    price.

    Stu

    "JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
    > Joseph wrote:
    > > >They are a bunk reseller for Bell Mobility
    > >
    > > Do they include a ladder to get up to the top bunk? Or is that an
    > > extra cost?
    >
    > Bell claims it has no hidden costs. But I would suspect Virgin might have
    such
    > hidden costs. After all, why charge a ladder if the customer is tall
    enough
    > that he doesn't need the ladder to get to the top bunk ?

Fido Internet Service Providers