Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassius88

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hello everyone.

1. What is your budget?

$1300

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15.6-17.3

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Desktop Replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?

6-8 cell

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes. Diablo 3, Civ 5, Final Fantasy 14, Shogun 2 Total War, Rome 2 Total War. Pretty much anything I want, and would like run most if not all on high settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
None. School work, Games, Movies.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

500GB+ 7200RPM

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Newegg, Tigerdirect, Manufacturers Websites.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3+ Years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I’m open to any brand. So far I’ve looked at MSI, ASUS, Sager. I know there’s a lot other brands, just don’t know what they are or much about them.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I would like a decent graphics card. A lot of Laptops around this price range are going to the GTX660, and why it is indeed a Kepler, I'm not sold on this card. Would like GTX570 or GTX670.

Any insight, direction, criticism, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cassius88

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Well it's a Kepler, which I'm really excited for that new architecture. But as far as performance the GTX570M still beats it.

I heard rumors that nvidia was releasing there Kepler cards for laptops in mid august tho.

Cassius88

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Well I have a config going on a Sager NP9130 / Clevo P151EM1 for $1322.11 that seems promising. GTX670, I7-3610Qm etc. Also that ASUS G75VW-TS2 looks very nice. out of the two, which would you suggest?

Cassius88

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
well the ASUS G75VW-TS2 looks awesome. and TigerDirect has it for $1399.99 atm.

I would like a warranty on it, and TDs is kinda expensive warranty wise. You know of any other site that sells it? (Newegg doesn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.