Right click properties not working

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

When I try right clicking a folder and then selecting properties, nothing
happens. However right clicking and selecting properties on an actual file
will work.

How do I get properties to open on a folder?

Thanks, Jason.

Jason wrote:
> When I try right clicking a folder and then selecting properties, nothing
> happens. However right clicking and selecting properties on an actual file
> will work.
>
> How do I get properties to open on a folder?
>
> Thanks, Jason.

I once had a similar problem after upgrading from 98 to XP and the
solution was to uninstall ZoneAlarm.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

"David Finch" wrote:

> I once had a similar problem after upgrading from 98 to XP and the
> solution was to uninstall ZoneAlarm.

I dont use ZoneAlarm or ever have, I noticed the problem 2 weeks ago. I
think it has been caused by a registry 'tweak'. Any suggestions?

Hi

Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

Line 203 - right hand side

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try right clicking a folder and then selecting properties, nothing
> happens. However right clicking and selecting properties on an actual
> file
> will work.
>
> How do I get properties to open on a folder?
>
> Thanks, Jason.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Denny,

Thanks, I went to that site and followed the instructions, restarted but
there is no change. Those value's were not present before I added them, but
adding them has made no difference.

Any other suggestions?

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:
>
> Line 203 - right hand side

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups

Hi Jason,

See the "IIS W3ext Module" part in my article.

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org