Keyboard problem

I have XP pro, my system is a Gateway 400 MHz Pent 2 (I know it's old!). My
keyboard is not working.

I spilt coffee on the keyboard. I opened it up and cleaned eveything.
The keyboard is getting power since the LED lights blink and sometimes the
scroll lock LED is on.
The PCU does not acknowledge any keystrokes -- I opened device manager and
it says the keyboard is working fine.
I have tried updating the drivers 5 X.
In the help wizard it suggests uninstalling the driver but this is not an
option (that button is not available under the properties menu). The help
wizard seems worthless!
I even tried the on-screen keyboard without success!

I know that it would likely be easier just to but a new keyboard, but if
someone has a suggestion re: troubleshooting this one, it would save me from
going to the store!

My guess would be a fried chip in there somewhere. They just don't seem to make keyboards in a way that makes those repairs cheaper
than a new one. (I suggest a pawn shop, or used computer parts store)

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509