Help! CPU jumps from 0 to 20% randomly

I am in need of help. When I have no processes running my cpu usage jumps
from 0 to around 20% when i have all programs closed and by significantly
more when I have them closed. I need immediate help it is slowing my
programs and my online gaming. This was never a problem before I got the AIM
virus that I had to remove with VGU and by deleting all my temporary files
(maybe this caused the problem too). I think that whatever I did in removing
this virus took off inhibitors in my comp that kept popups from appearing
when on AIM and Internet Explorer in which I never had problems before except
when I first got my computer then someone told me how to fix it. Only I
don't remember.

You need to follow the basic instruction posted at the top of this
forum - do a scan for viruses, d/load spybot and hijackthis and run
them both, then post the hijackthis log here. Looks lke theres some
sneaky process squirreled away doing its own thing which is where the
mysterious processing is going on

--
guestfromhell
guestfromhell's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12490