netsvcs disappeared from my XP - where can I get a copy?

Tags:
  • Recovery Disk
  • Support
  • Windows Update
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 11, 2005 5:48:02 PM

At some unknown time, netsvcs disappeared from my XP Home SP2 machine.

I only found out when I tried to start BIT service and it failed because it
could not find netsvcs.

I have a DELL which came with a recovery disk, not a m'soft XP disk.

Is there any way I can get a copy of the file.

Without it I can't automate many downloads, including Windows Update.

More about : netsvcs disappeared copy

May 12, 2005 1:56:43 AM

I have XP Pro and cannot find a file of that name. I checked services and
there is no BIT service. If you don't know what this service is I would
suggest running Adaware or Spybot.

Neil
"HarryMangurian" <HarryMangurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At some unknown time, netsvcs disappeared from my XP Home SP2 machine.
>
> I only found out when I tried to start BIT service and it failed because
> it
> could not find netsvcs.
>
> I have a DELL which came with a recovery disk, not a m'soft XP disk.
>
> Is there any way I can get a copy of the file.
>
> Without it I can't automate many downloads, including Windows Update.
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:01:11 PM

fwiw
BITS starts fine here on xp-home with sp2 and it does not have file name
netsvcs

!