GSM Phones Unlocking Available in Ottawa Area

Last response: in Network Providers
July 7, 2004 11:07:40 AM

these GSM phone can be unlocked by me

1). Sony Erisson 5). Siemens
2). Motorola 6). LG
3). NOKIA 7). Panasonic
4). Samsung

e-mail:= kanata95@yahoo.com
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 5:06:08 PM

But, unfortunately, you charge double what most people charge for
unlocking at, if memory recalls, $50-55.

kanata95@yahoo.com (D J) wrote in message news:<b85e3b65.0407070607.72285d6a@posting.google.com>...
> these GSM phone can be unlocked by me
>
> 1). Sony Erisson 5). Siemens
> 2). Motorola 6). LG
> 3). NOKIA 7). Panasonic
> 4). Samsung
>
> e-mail:= kanata95@yahoo.com
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 1:03:52 AM

wow. it cost 50 to 55 to unlock in Ottawa? Man, I am glad I move to Vancouver coz the
unlocking here cost about 20 to 25.
July 12, 2004 7:39:50 PM

That's what it costs in Toronto and Montreal. I happened to be in
Ottawa when I bought my last phone and figured I'd give this guy a
try, and he asked for $50-55. I'm sure if I'd bothered looking around
Ottawa, I'd have found someone to do it for the normal fee of $20-25,
but I travelled overseas shortly thereafter and had it unlocked while
away (for the equivalent of about $12 CAD).

Which brings me to another tip: If you want to unlock your tri-band
phone in order to be able to use it overseas, you usually won't go
wrong in waiting 'til you actually go overseas to get it done. Be
sure to clarify that you do not want your firmware changed, just the
sim/carrier lock removed.

VCD man <jav_vcdNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95238F121B3C3javvcdNOSPAMhotmailc@198.161.157.145>...
> wow. it cost 50 to 55 to unlock in Ottawa? Man, I am glad I move to Vancouver coz the
> unlocking here cost about 20 to 25.
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 6:41:28 PM

sbdot@mailandnews.com (sbdot) wrote in message news:<6212bd00.0407121439.7ef52c23@posting.google.com>...
> Which brings me to another tip: If you want to unlock your tri-band
> phone in order to be able to use it overseas, you usually won't go
> wrong in waiting 'til you actually go overseas to get it done. Be
> sure to clarify that you do not want your firmware changed, just the
> sim/carrier lock removed.

Depends on where you go. Shops in places other than Western Europe
are known to butcher your phone (figuratively and literally) should it
be out of sight while it is being serviced/unlocked.
!