Winfax Pro Problems, Any ideas?

I know this isn't a true XP problem but hoping some of you may have stumbled
thru this problem in the past.

Winfax Pro 10.02 on a WinXP SP1 PC running as host. Two other PC's connect
as shared clients, one is XP SP1 and the other Win2K. The XP PC connects and
can send faxes all day using the XP Host PC however the Win2K PC gets an
"Access denied" when trying to setup the fax shared client.

Same users on all PC's, all PC's can see each other and access open shares
so it's not a true permissions issue at the file sharing level.

Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about winfax problems ideas

    Set Up Printer Sharing: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_concept_printer_share.mspx

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "James B" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message news:RGuge.32829$tf1.1357841@twister.southeast.rr.com...
    >I know this isn't a true XP problem but hoping some of you may have stumbled
    > thru this problem in the past.
    >
    > Winfax Pro 10.02 on a WinXP SP1 PC running as host. Two other PC's connect
    > as shared clients, one is XP SP1 and the other Win2K. The XP PC connects and
    > can send faxes all day using the XP Host PC however the Win2K PC gets an
    > "Access denied" when trying to setup the fax shared client.
    >
    > Same users on all PC's, all PC's can see each other and access open shares
    > so it's not a true permissions issue at the file sharing level.
    >

    > Any ideas?

    Thanks, not sure why this would or would not make a difference however
    printer sharing was and is enabled, still same issues with a 2k PC accessing
    Winfax on a XP PC however other XP PC's can access it fine. Since those can
    access Winfax fine it shouldn't be a security or access issue, it's got to
    be a Winfax problem.

    Was just hoping somebody had seen the same issue.

    http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    > .
    > "James B" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
    > >I know this isn't a true XP problem but hoping some of you may have
    stumbled
    > > thru this problem in the past.
    > >
    > > Winfax Pro 10.02 on a WinXP SP1 PC running as host. Two other PC's
    connect
    > > as shared clients, one is XP SP1 and the other Win2K. The XP PC connects
    and
    > > can send faxes all day using the XP Host PC however the Win2K PC gets an
    > > "Access denied" when trying to setup the fax shared client.
    > >
    > > Same users on all PC's, all PC's can see each other and access open
    shares
    > > so it's not a true permissions issue at the file sharing level.
    > >

    > > Any ideas?

Support Microsoft Windows XP