Status
Not open for further replies.

Valeska Grim

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I am here in search of a literal laptop case, The piece of plastic or metal the thing is inside. Not some cheap sleeve, Not some bag, Not some hard protective thing like you can buy for an ipod. The actual case the hardware is inside, There has to be someone somewhere who took apart their laptop and is selling the parts individually like the case.

bliq00

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
that's going to be difficult since laptop motherboards are not standardized. most motherboards only fit into one case. and those that *are* somewhat interchangeable, will cost more in parts than a complete assembly.

Valeska Grim

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hmm, Well, You can do it with a Desktop, So I would expect you could do it with a laptop. Couldn't you just find the motherboard you want and find the housing/case/what ever that is for that motherboard? And then everything else you would want you just put in there right? Hmm, I would like to get a good laptop, A gaming laptop I guess for as cheap as possible. I currently have a macbook 13" late 2007, And it would be more utilitarian to just use this case and all that, But I heard pretty much no other motherboard will fit. Which led me to create the other post I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS