Sign in with
Your question

Where the *$#@* is the greatgrapeape

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 23, 2004 11:57:31 PM

I love reading that guys posts. So what happend? I just loved it when he proved that nVidiot a liar. So where did the man go? Hope he is ok.

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.

More about : greatgrapeape

August 24, 2004 1:03:30 AM

on Vacation perhaps?
August 24, 2004 1:13:17 AM

See my latest post in the "General Purpose Computation via Graphics Hardware" thread.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.php" target="_new"><font color=red><b>The THGC Photo Album revision Eden, faster updated than ever before!</A></b></font color=red>
Related resources
August 24, 2004 1:28:41 AM

I thought he was in china or something.

"Go forward until the last round is fired and the last drop of gas is expended...then go forward on foot!" -Patton
August 24, 2004 3:04:06 AM

Will he come back to this forum? I missed him. He is such a cool guy. He posted a lot.
August 24, 2004 4:43:07 AM

I believe he said vacation until the end of August

amd 2000+
gigabyte ga-7va
512mb samsung pc2700(2x256mb)
maxtor 60gb 7200rpm
LG cd-r/rw 48x24x48
soundblaster live 5.1
BBA radeon 9600xt 128mb
antec 550w true control
August 24, 2004 5:28:10 AM

Yeah idiots, calm down. And if you love his posts so much you should have caught the fact that he was going on vacation! Pay attention you stupid, insulent, moronic, useless, c**cksucking, faggots. ALL OF YOU! (Cept Eden, Phial, Gen, Grape, and a few others... they're my homies.)

Lol.

Oh yeah... JUST JOKING don't have a teargasm on me! (Worthless sh*ts)

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:) : why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?
August 24, 2004 5:55:27 AM

roflmao !!

<i> :evil:  <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil:  </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>
August 24, 2004 10:02:34 AM

They wouldn't let me in :frown:

:eek:  I'm the good time that was had by all :eek: 
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2004 5:04:55 PM

Yup, any real Grapenut know's he is on vacation playing Doom 3 on his new laptop.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt
August 24, 2004 5:12:07 PM

He said he wasn't gonna get the laptop in time to take on his trip.

Watch out for the <b><font color=red>bloody</font color=red></b> Fanboys!

AMD64 2800+ :: MSI Neo-Fis2r :: 512mb Kingmax ddr400 :: Sapphire 9800pro 128mb :: 10K WD Raptor

Addicted, finally.
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2004 5:14:54 PM

Well that stinks for him. Guess I'm not a real Grapenut afterall.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt
August 24, 2004 5:27:33 PM

i win
donnie 1 paul 0

next grapenut question plz

Watch out for the <b><font color=red>bloody</font color=red></b> Fanboys!

AMD64 2800+ :: MSI Neo-Fis2r :: 512mb Kingmax ddr400 :: Sapphire 9800pro 128mb :: 10K WD Raptor

Addicted, finally.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by DonnieDarko on 08/24/04 01:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
a b U Graphics card
August 24, 2004 10:17:47 PM

LOL, I am so ashamed. :redface:

August 25, 2004 12:48:43 AM

Lol Gen. (That's me BTW everyone)

Hey Gen I could send over a couple more pics for you to give to your daughter, eh? Tell ya what. You pay for the plane ticket, and I'll take her out to dinner!

I remember you said once that you'd rather her be hanging out with me than the losers she hangs out with! She probly thinks I'm a nerd though if I'm on here talking to you guys.
(Offense was intended, you pathetic nerds!)

Seriously though... PM or IM me her AIM, it'd be a fun chat. We could talk about how great you are! :)  :)  :) 

Rachel:) : why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?
August 25, 2004 3:32:33 AM

Quote:
They wouldn't let me in

It's ok Wingy, I got your humor. :smile:

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.php" target="_new"><font color=red><b>The THGC Photo Album revision Eden, faster updated than ever before!</A></b></font color=red>
August 25, 2004 3:34:01 AM

Man I've known Grape for about when he first started posting here, and I didn't know where he was going (or forgot) nor when he would come back.

The Grapenuts fanclub has officially dissolved. :lol: 

--
August 25, 2004 3:34:55 AM

No one should be locked in the same room, (or chatroom in your case :wink: ) with a humanoid like you!

--
August 25, 2004 5:30:27 AM

HMMMM so grapes on holiday. Good for him. Hope he has a good time.

As to you Willamette waz up? why all de hate? who pzzed u off? I cant say i know you or what u r about but holy moly sure looks like u r angry @ de world.

BTW Willamette just watt de ya like 2 suck. or what do you like sucking as your name so implies?

If I glanced at a spilt box of tooth picks on the floor, could I tell you how many are in the pile. Not a chance, But then again I don't have to buy my underware at Kmart.
August 25, 2004 3:58:10 PM

Grape goes on Vaca. And the Graphic forum goes Nuts!!!!!!
August 25, 2004 4:40:46 PM

Darko, we use English on this forum. Just a reminder.

If you had read or understood all of my post you would have realised that it was only friendly joking. I don't really hate all you pathetic, idiotic, c**ksucking, motherf**king a$$holes. In fact I'm a bit partial towards you (all):) 

August 27, 2004 4:11:04 AM

Engrish... i guess we can't all be as fluent as others can we huh.

Re: friendly joking.

If you say so, but some of it sure looked to be in bad taste.

August 28, 2004 6:39:02 AM

Quote:
BTW Willamette just watt de ya like 2 suck. or what do you like sucking as your name so implies?

Willy likes to suck willies.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.php" target="_new"><font color=red><b>The THGC Photo Album revision Eden, faster updated than ever before!</A></b></font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 08/28/04 07:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 28, 2004 6:54:53 AM

Willamette was the first pentium 4 core, IT sucks, not me. I like to suck tities though, since you asked.

a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2004 7:00:55 AM

The Tour of Ontario (and N.E. NY) has officially ended. Just spent the day at work and the evening getting some essentials for the new gear.
I guess I should've checked in while away, seems some people got nervous. :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2004 7:08:07 AM

Holy cow, We were a bunch of lost puppies without you. Welcome back.

August 28, 2004 7:22:19 AM

Sucking that much c*ck might make make you a manager at McDonalds or even Best Buy, but that's about it. Grape's great but speak for yourself, you pathetic whimpering fool... or puppy as you consider yourself.

If you want to find good info like Grape and bring links to the table, here's a GREAT place to start: GOOGLE

Now YOU can be a few hours ahead of the rest of us! Wow.

August 28, 2004 7:44:08 AM

WHAT ABOUT ME? my feelings are hurt

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy+119% Money Fanboy
GeForce 6800 Ultra--> The Way we thought FX 5800Ultra is meant to be played
THGC's resident Asian and nVboy :D 
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2004 7:59:57 AM

Quote:
$%&#@*&^

Yeah, whatever. Sorry, I don't speak fluent immature pervertish to understand if you are joking or not. Maybe you can clean it up a little for us Adults here.

Anyway, Can't you just let me properly welcome Ape back. He was obviosly missed.

Yet, the puppy comment was more since a whole thread was started because of his vacation. And since I have been here he is the tops in bringing the new news to this forum. With Grape back, I won't have to be searching for info nearly as much, nor post it either. I could have saved alot of typing with the 4 Firingsquad HL2 based reviews, if he had been here. He's the informer ya know.

a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2004 8:51:37 AM

Quote:
If you want to find good info like Grape and bring links to the table, here's a GREAT place to start: GOOGLE

I should add, been there-done that. I'm never too lazy to supply clicky's ya know. But thanks for the advice anyway. :wink:

a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2004 8:57:06 AM

If you leave for a while, I'd welcome you back too.

Now go away,

...please!

:smile: JK

August 28, 2004 11:17:29 PM

Welcome back whorehead!

Willy is already going nuts on people, we need control people!

Now unless you have not been updated, a 6600 is coming out. :lol: 

--
August 28, 2004 11:18:21 PM

Where's your usual "GRAPE YOU'RE BACK, PEOPLE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD, YOU LOOK GOOD!!!" surprised welcome post?

And where DID you get that quote from?

--
a b U Graphics card
August 28, 2004 11:42:50 PM

Yeah I've been reading. Looks interesting, but I still say that now a slow 256bit solution makes more sense than fast 128 for the mid ranges. We'll see.

Did you notice the price of the R9800pro at FS recently? $299.
Now it's the AIW R9700P.

I was downtown in Toronto at the 'computer district' Spadine and College, and saw an R9800P for ~$260 in box and OEM for $249. And I saw a TON of X800s down there including that Powercolor one with the BackPack. I almost picked up a new LG 12x dual layer (my best friend in TO got one from FS as a n extended warranty trade-in, and the girl at the cash update the warranty to ANOTHER 3 years, so I was jealous and wanted one myself), then I realized, my 4X and 2X are fine, heck there isn't even quality 8X media out there in any great quantity for cheap. Downtown I found RiData 8X for about $45 for 50. So for now now rush to upgrade,
I picked up some blank no-name DVDs for $17 for <b>50</b>, which I'll use when burning for people at work.

How's Bureau en Gros treating you? I was in Hull about 2 weeks ago. I picked up some StHubert BBQ sauce and Poutine sauce to bring back here to some french co-workers I know. I also brought back some All Police (well Hebdo Police and another one since Allo Police is bankrupt), and Le Journal de Montreal of course.

While in Ottawa I did find it funny that the Best Buy and FS on Merivale rd are right beside each other, how convenient is That!?! And a Pizza Pizza right across the street beside the SportCheck. I love that corner. All they need is a TimHortons beside the East Side Mario's and I'd never leave! :lol: 

Anywhoo, gonns sh*t, shower & shave and head out.

Hope we see Hero, but my luck we'll probably end up going to see something (lame) for everyone like 'Black Back'.

Heck I'd prefer to see Garden State or even Collateral again if we aren't seeing Hero.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
August 28, 2004 11:45:34 PM

LOL the joint fell apart without you. :lol: 
August 28, 2004 11:49:16 PM

Not TimHorton's!!!!!!!!
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2004 12:09:54 AM

They got a Krusty Kreme at the Best Buy by the Airport, freakin' over-hyped pieces of lard!

Nothing beat a BlueBerry Fritter and an IceCap! Mmmm!

August 29, 2004 12:24:03 AM

Ya my wife does not like them. Way to much sugar.
August 29, 2004 12:25:56 AM

Nothing like a fresh made Morning Glory Muffin. Hith home made jam.
August 29, 2004 5:07:42 AM

Quote:
Did you notice the price of the R9800pro at FS recently? $299.

Yeah the 9800PRO's gettin' a nice price lately. Surprised that FS is doing that pricing too.
<A HREF="http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/shop/product_details.php?pid=..." target="_new">http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/shop/product_details.php?pid=...;/A>
290$ at RBComputing here for the MSI. Definitely great value. Around 200$ US really.

Quote:
my best friend in TO got one from FS as a n extended warranty trade-in, and the girl at the cash update the warranty to ANOTHER 3 years, so I was jealous and wanted one myself

I don't get it. What's an Extended Warranty trade-in, and why did the cashier offer him even more warranty time over his current extended one?
Quote:
How's Bureau en Gros treating you?

Most excellent I should say. I even work with one of my best friends!

It does get quite stressful on usually busy days, especially now because of back-to-school times. It's hard to manage between so many customers when you are only 2-3 guys in the tech dept. (if we get that many customers wanting computer and electronics equipment for back-to-school, imagine the general products associates, ya know, those who work on the floor for office supplies!) The scariest thing would be if we got the mystery client on such days. (thankfully we were evaluated about 2 weeks ago so until the beginning of September, we can lower our guard down) If we don't handle the right customer right, we fail, and then we get the whip!

But I love it, and I'm surprised it doesn't bother me so far when mixing work and College. It integrates itself very well, since most of what I do in College is computer related, so they're not too distant from each other. And I do what I like.

Quote:
I was in Hull about 2 weeks ago.

Damn man, shoulda arranged somethin'! Coulda even just passed by work! I promise I wouldn't sell you unneeded items! :evil:  "No memory card for you!" :smile:

Quote:
Le Journal de Montreal of course

I've been curious about this: you DO speak and read French don't you?

Quote:
While in Ottawa I did find it funny that the Best Buy and FS on Merivale rd are right beside each other, how convenient is That!?! And a Pizza Pizza right across the street beside the SportCheck. I love that corner. All they need is a TimHortons beside the East Side Mario's and I'd never leave!

Yeah I noticed! Well, it doesn't seem to be bad competition since BB technically owns FS, as its parent company. But it still doesn't make sense for exact stores to operate close to each other, both related to each other, selling the exact same equipment (or damn close to it). FS should just relocate closer to Hull, damn it. Gatineau isn't the best location IMO. We got a very high development area here, where my Bureau En Gros workplace is, that is growing without any slowing down. It's really developping a lot, and it's becoming more and more convenient for us Hull citizens. FS couldn't lose by opening there. (The Plateau near Chemin de la Montagne)

FS, bunch of bastards. They treated me like sh** when I tried to apply. The online interview system never even let me put my CV, let alone PASS it. With BeG, it was as easy as filling a form, submitting it with my CV and waiting a bit, then pass a few interviews with great people. It went smoothly and it landed me a respectable position at a respectable place.

At least we still operate for the population, not for the corporation. It's sad to say FS is now a corporation operated by robots. They won't give you any exceptions, no contesting, nothing. Practically little human relations. "Sorry, I can't help you, even though the only way to do the test is online and it's not working for you, I can't help you! You'll have to wait for the person who knows more about it, on Monday, after this weekend passes!" and then we talk to her and we get "Oh sorry, I can't help you out. This test is based on honesty. Who cares if you're honest, I don't know what the test evaluates based upon it, so I cannot help you!".

Come see us at BeG, we've had so many people just tell us out of the blue how they had great service. I feel rewarded when I get people shaking my hand after me helping them. Our policies on customer service definitely work. And BeG isn't any small corp when you think about it. So IMO it's a refreshing change from the typical big chain of stores. (my boss tells me something about our store specifically, being the best one in service in all North America. I'm not sure if that's what he said though, but I would not be surprised one bit)

Quote:
Heck I'd prefer to see Garden State or even Collateral again if we aren't seeing Hero.

Collateral rocked.
Can't wait for Resident Evil: Apocalypse though! Mila kicks ass!

--
a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2004 12:37:01 PM

Quote:
I don't get it. What's an Extended Warranty trade-in, and why did the cashier offer him even more warranty time over his current extended one?

Like what some people here do with graphics cards (HB does the different FS game). Get the extended warranty on a product and if you are 'unstatisfied' for any reason within the life of the warranty demand a replacement. Sinc ethey no longer have those slow-ass 2X burners they gave him the only one they had in the store form LG (I told him to expect the 8X, but no...) which was the 12X dual layer. All he had to say was it's making alot of coasters, and they gave him a new one. As for the cashier girl giving him another 3 years, that was her mistake, they were supposed to give him the remainder of the warranty, but nope, a mistake to benifit him into the era of Blue-laser DVDs maybe. :wink:

Quote:
Damn man, shoulda arranged somethin'! Coulda even just passed by work! I promise I wouldn't sell you unneeded items! "No memory card for you!"

Maybe at X-mas, depending on plans. This trip was a barn burner. I decided to visit with a client from Ottawa and even that was hard to plan with all the driving around S.E. Ontario. As for buying something, likely I'd stick with my big Bureau/Staples-OD product whihc is the Verbatim DVDs in their cases. Always a great price, although during the trip I was looking for SD Ultra/50X+ memory for my phone. Got some 256mb Panasonic from Walmart in the US.

Quote:
I've been curious about this: you DO speak and read French don't you?

Bein Oui! Mom is from Quebec, spent 10+ years in immersion. Went to Univ for first degree in Mtl. So I'm pretty fluent. Also I still watch RDS (Habs Bruins games, and MINI-PUTT! :lol:  ), SRC, TVA, TV5 and of course TQS for Bleu Nuit on the weekend! :evil: 

Quote:
But it still doesn't make sense for exact stores to operate close to each other

I don't know about that. On the surface you're right, but if you consider it a little closer, think about it as a giant BBuy. What they have in effect created is the perception that if you don't like one buy from the other, and they have also made a one-stop shop location. Wanna buy a TV? Well you'd be silly to not check out BB and FS on Merivale rd, you're bound to find what you want. It's like when I go to Toronto. If I want to buy Computer stuff, I don't bother with this or that individual outlet, I go to Spadina and College cause I know there's selection. Same with Kennedy in Scarborough. Those tow areas have you covered for computers. Same goes with Merivale for Electronics. The fact that FS and BB don't carry the same products (FS doesn't carry Phillips TVs as an example) makes the choice a smart one for consumers. In the end if they triple the number of potential customers to one location because they all think of it as THE place to go, then even if they split the business they're coming out ahead without putting stores near the people, simply have the people come to the stores. Like that dude and the mountain. :wink:

Sucks about the FS application stuff. The two guys I know here didn't have to go through that, they've been with FS for only about 4 years, and they said this was something relatively new that they never had to do. One of them even mentioned they might not have got their job now because of the BS ssystem. At least you got a job that's better suited to you than working at the Casino or StHubert. :evil: 

Quote:
Can't wait for Resident Evil

Yep, that should be good, I remember the first time seeing an add for the sequel and being the only person who knew what it was from the start, it was the 'Oil of Olay' type commercial, but nobody notice the 'Umbrella corporation' logo or name.

Should be good. Could suck, but it'll be interesting enough to see. BTW, did you notice that they have a shot of the Toronto City hall in the Ad? That twin concave tower building with the goose-egg dome in the centre is Toronto city hall, I was there just last week.

August 30, 2004 3:21:14 PM

WB Ape, Good trip? glad to see this place returning to normal.

a b U Graphics card
August 30, 2004 4:42:38 PM

Yep, good enough. Too short of course (wish my entire summer were at the lake!).

Brought back a ton of stuff (2 HDs for the editing rig, SD flash memory, NiMH AA batteries, 60 Blank DVDs [-R & RAM]), got my old AIW PCI back, USB/FireWire/Networking cables (for about 1/3 of the price here), plus tons of food only available out east. And of course drinking with all the friends in each city (had coffee stout at a Toronto Brew Pub) was very bitter, but tasty too, plus enjoying the Ontario cottage country, and golfing every other day with Dad, that's a good trip in my books.

August 31, 2004 4:05:50 AM

Quote:
Like what some people here do with graphics cards (HB does the different FS game). Get the extended warranty on a product and if you are 'unstatisfied' for any reason within the life of the warranty demand a replacement. Sinc ethey no longer have those slow-ass 2X burners they gave him the only one they had in the store form LG (I told him to expect the 8X, but no...) which was the 12X dual layer. All he had to say was it's making alot of coasters, and they gave him a new one. As for the cashier girl giving him another 3 years, that was her mistake, they were supposed to give him the remainder of the warranty, but nope, a mistake to benifit him into the era of Blue-laser DVDs maybe.

Oh ok now I get it. You definitely can't do that here. At least not in my knowledge. Top we offer is replacement for a year. Didn't know FS offered replacement warranties for over 2 years (including the one year by the manufacturer). Then again our selection of video cards sucks ass.
Definitely a bit too generous, I'd say, a replacement warranty is definitely something that can hurt a business if in 2 years someone gets a free 500$ card. But if you sell lots of warranties, then maybe it's not that bad. If too many people did it, it definitely will seem odd and will make a dent in profits.

Quote:
Bein Oui! Mom is from Quebec, spent 10+ years in immersion. Went to Univ for first degree in Mtl. So I'm pretty fluent. Also I still watch RDS (Habs Bruins games, and MINI-PUTT! ), SRC, TVA, TV5 and of course TQS for Bleu Nuit on the weekend!

Haha, sweet!
No wonder you were so adament defending the French heritage of Canada against gpol in the OTHER forum.

And damn it, is Bleu Nuit still on? I can't seem to find it at midnight any more! Blah... no big deal, it never was porno, just erotica, very mild if you ask me.
Quote:
I don't know about that. On the surface you're right, but if you consider it a little closer, think about it as a giant BBuy. What they have in effect created is the perception that if you don't like one buy from the other, and they have also made a one-stop shop location. Wanna buy a TV? Well you'd be silly to not check out BB and FS on Merivale rd, you're bound to find what you want. It's like when I go to Toronto. If I want to buy Computer stuff, I don't bother with this or that individual outlet, I go to Spadina and College cause I know there's selection. Same with Kennedy in Scarborough. Those tow areas have you covered for computers. Same goes with Merivale for Electronics. The fact that FS and BB don't carry the same products (FS doesn't carry Phillips TVs as an example) makes the choice a smart one for consumers. In the end if they triple the number of potential customers to one location because they all think of it as THE place to go, then even if they split the business they're coming out ahead without putting stores near the people, simply have the people come to the stores.

You're right, I never looked at it like that. Definitely a smart move. And not many will go on FS' site and find that at the bottom of a certain page, Best Buy is mentionned as the parent company.
And yeah, when I think about it, Merivale is very electronics oriented.

Quote:
Like that dude and the mountain.

Is that some ad? Can't seem to remember which. :eek: 

Quote:
One of them even mentioned they might not have got their job now because of the BS ssystem.

Exactly. I know it used to be the traditional form + CV way, but for some reason (too many CVs dropped per day) they decided to go corporate on us the consumers.
Quote:
At least you got a job that's better suited to you than working at the Casino or StHubert.

Tell me about it! A restaurant job was the last thing I'd ever look into. No offense to anyone, but it's just NOT for me. It's pretty respectable where I work, and I love it as hell. May not be a FutureShop futuristic world, but it sure as hell is still fun and rewarding. (believe it or not we're not paid on commission, so can you imagine people that ask me when I'll be back working next time so they can come back decided and with the money to buy the product, just because they think I am on commission and it would be a cheap shot to buy it directly without me since I helped so much?)

And I'm surprised juggling between work and school isn't bothering me or stressing me. (I come home, 5 minutes later leave for work!)
Quote:
Yep, that should be good, I remember the first time seeing an add for the sequel and being the only person who knew what it was from the start, it was the 'Oil of Olay' type commercial, but nobody notice the 'Umbrella corporation' logo or name.

Didn't suspect it either. Started skipping through the video until I noticed it was actually RE's sequel ad. Definitely fooled me, and forgot about the Umbrella Corp logo.

Quote:
BTW, did you notice that they have a shot of the Toronto City hall in the Ad? That twin concave tower building with the goose-egg dome in the centre is Toronto city hall, I was there just last week.

Didn't see it, no. Which trailer?

--
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2004 12:17:31 PM

Quote:
In reply to:
<font color=blue>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like that dude and the mountain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font color=blue>

Is that some ad? Can't seem to remember which.

Not sure if you're kidding or not but it was a semi-religious reference (mountian/mohammed), anywhoo just a one-off there.

Quote:
Didn't see it, no. Which trailer?

Well I saw Open Water yesterday after work, and in the theatrical trailer it's there, and it was also on the TV trailer I saw last night later. The TV trailer has almost nothing but Mila, and she scales the side of the walls of the building. They have explosions and such so I wonder if this was noticed and reported by the local media when they were filming, because blowing up Nathan Phillips square has probably been the dream of alot of wackos, especially when mayor Mel was in office.

Anywhoo, I just find it funny (and rewarding) seeing either Canadian landmarks, or Canadian actors in Int'l films. Yeah I know alot of productions are filmed in Montreal, T.O., Vancouver, but it's still cool when you can identify the landmark, it's like architectural history for dummies (myself included/especially).

September 1, 2004 3:06:02 AM

Quote:
Not sure if you're kidding or not but it was a semi-religious reference (mountian/mohammed), anywhoo just a one-off there.

No, you caught me in one of my many Eden moments. Ya know, those where I completely lack any knowledge and it all flies over my head! :wink:

Quote:
Anywhoo, I just find it funny (and rewarding) seeing either Canadian landmarks, or Canadian actors in Int'l films. Yeah I know alot of productions are filmed in Montreal, T.O., Vancouver, but it's still cool when you can identify the landmark, it's like architectural history for dummies (myself included/especially).

Definitely rewarding. It's fun to see Canada in Intl. movies (Going the distance! :cool: ), but most of all, when stuff like R.E.'s main story is there. Hell, I never knew Mila came out in THAT city and that T.O. was Racoon City! :eek:  (it is, right?)

--
a b U Graphics card
September 1, 2004 12:12:15 PM

I'm not sure if it is supposed to be Racoon city (but it makes sense the damn racoons used to steal fish from our fish pond when I lived there). I have only played the game once for a few days on a Blockbuster rental, so I don't know the background much. I liked the first movie, sure there were some 'WTF?' moments, but it was 'time well wasted' as they say on Comedy.

However filming was done in T.O., Hamilton, Brampton and the Niagara Escarpment from what I hear.

September 2, 2004 3:53:49 AM

Yeah, I'm also told today that Toronto is indeed Racoon City. Now ain't that just awesome! :cool:

I also liked the first movie. Definitely made me jump outta my seat many times.

--
!