Windows XP SP1 and SP2

Does the CD which contains Sp2 also have SP1 which will be installed
automatically, or do I have to do Sp1 first and then SP2? Thank you!
--
Blaine Hamrick, AL7HH
Irving, Texas

    Blaine Hamrick wrote:
    > Does the CD which contains Sp2 also have SP1 which will be installed
    > automatically, or do I have to do Sp1 first and then SP2? Thank you!

    SP2 replaces SP1 and all critical updates that were released prior to SP1's
    release date.

    (In other words - if you install SP2, you have all critical patches for
    Windows XP up until the day SP2 was released - including SP1.)

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    How can I get an SP2 CD for my neighbor who only has dial-up? It is taking to
    long to download.

    monkslh wrote:
    > How can I get an SP2 CD for my neighbor who only has dial-up? It is
    > taking to long to download.

    Download it for him and burn it to CD or order the Free CD from Microsoft..

    Direct Download of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP
    http://snipurl.com/8bqy

    Order the Free Windows XP SP2 CD
    http://snipurl.com/8umo

    --