Windows XP SP1 and SP2

May 12, 2005 3:30:52 AM

Does the CD which contains Sp2 also have SP1 which will be installed
automatically, or do I have to do Sp1 first and then SP2? Thank you!
--
Blaine Hamrick, AL7HH
Irving, Texas

More about : windows sp1 sp2

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:34:24 AM

Blaine Hamrick wrote:
> Does the CD which contains Sp2 also have SP1 which will be installed
> automatically, or do I have to do Sp1 first and then SP2? Thank you!

SP2 replaces SP1 and all critical updates that were released prior to SP1's
release date.

(In other words - if you install SP2, you have all critical patches for
Windows XP up until the day SP2 was released - including SP1.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

How can I get an SP2 CD for my neighbor who only has dial-up? It is taking to
long to download.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Blaine Hamrick wrote:
> > Does the CD which contains Sp2 also have SP1 which will be installed
> > automatically, or do I have to do Sp1 first and then SP2? Thank you!
>
> SP2 replaces SP1 and all critical updates that were released prior to SP1's
> release date.
>
> (In other words - if you install SP2, you have all critical patches for
> Windows XP up until the day SP2 was released - including SP1.)
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

May 12, 2005 4:07:18 AM

monkslh wrote:
> How can I get an SP2 CD for my neighbor who only has dial-up? It is
> taking to long to download.

Download it for him and burn it to CD or order the Free CD from Microsoft..

Direct Download of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows XP
http://snipurl.com/8bqy

Order the Free Windows XP SP2 CD
http://snipurl.com/8umo

--