Gold Tech Support

Lost my USB ports... Called GTS at 10:30pm, last night.

A new motherboard arrived this morning, at approximately
9:00am, via UPS.

The Tech just called and will arrive within the hour.

I know Dell's got its problems, but this is DAMN GOOD SERVICE!

Notan
65 answers Last reply
More about gold tech support

    Notan wrote:

    > Lost my USB ports... Called GTS at 10:30pm, last night.
    >
    > A new motherboard arrived this morning, at approximately
    > 9:00am, via UPS.
    >
    > The Tech just called and will arrive within the hour.
    >
    > I know Dell's got its problems, but this is DAMN GOOD SERVICE!

    The Tech arrived by 10, was out by 10:30, and my USB ports are back.

    Sometimes you DO get what you pay for!

    Notan

    Your experience goes right along with all the others that I have heard about
    Gold Tech Support.
    It is a shame that Dell continues to deny this service to those who purchase
    from the Home/Home Office sales division.
    We might even reconsider our decision not to buy any more Dell home
    computers, if they changed their policy and offered Gold Tech Support to us.
    But they continue to refuse.

    Irene

    > Lost my USB ports... Called GTS at 10:30pm, last night.
    >
    > A new motherboard arrived this morning, at approximately
    > 9:00am, via UPS.
    >
    > The Tech just called and will arrive within the hour.
    >
    > I know Dell's got its problems, but this is DAMN GOOD SERVICE!
    >
    > Notan

    I've experienced the same great results as Notan with plain old 1 year
    on-site service through the Small Business division.

    Mind you, I've had little reason to need a service call: only three times in
    all of the 8 years I've owned Dell computers. But in each case, the tech
    arrived within 2 business days of my call and he was in and out of my place
    in minutes.

    Now that I feel more comfortable working inside a computer, I doubt I'll
    need to summon a tech in the future. But it's good to know that I can count
    on Dell if I need to. It's no surprise to me that Dell was No. 1 on Fortune
    magazine's annual list of the nation's most admired companies.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Your experience goes right along with all the others that I have heard
    about
    > Gold Tech Support.
    > It is a shame that Dell continues to deny this service to those who
    purchase
    > from the Home/Home Office sales division.
    > We might even reconsider our decision not to buy any more Dell home
    > computers, if they changed their policy and offered Gold Tech Support to
    us.
    > But they continue to refuse.
    >
    > Irene
    >
    > "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
    > > Lost my USB ports... Called GTS at 10:30pm, last night.
    > >
    > > A new motherboard arrived this morning, at approximately
    > > 9:00am, via UPS.
    > >
    > > The Tech just called and will arrive within the hour.
    > >
    > > I know Dell's got its problems, but this is DAMN GOOD SERVICE!
    > >
    > > Notan

    Even to another level:

    I have a friend whose business was struck by lightning at 2 am. He called
    Dell a little after 3am and told then what was affected by the lightning. It
    amounted to almost $50,000 worth of equipment. Switches, routers, etc.

    The tech was there before 7am to swap out the bad parts.

    Now that's high-end, four hour on-site, but they will continue to buy Dell
    just because of service like that.

    The Home user, unfortunately, is still a second class citizen - at best.

    > I've experienced the same great results as Notan with plain old 1 year
    > on-site service through the Small Business division.
    >
    > Mind you, I've had little reason to need a service call: only three times
    > in
    > all of the 8 years I've owned Dell computers. But in each case, the tech
    > arrived within 2 business days of my call and he was in and out of my
    > place
    > in minutes.
    >
    > Now that I feel more comfortable working inside a computer, I doubt I'll
    > need to summon a tech in the future. But it's good to know that I can
    > count
    > on Dell if I need to. It's no surprise to me that Dell was No. 1 on
    > Fortune
    > magazine's annual list of the nation's most admired companies.
    >
    > Ted Zieglar
    >
    > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Your experience goes right along with all the others that I have heard
    > about
    >> Gold Tech Support.
    >> It is a shame that Dell continues to deny this service to those who
    > purchase
    >> from the Home/Home Office sales division.
    >> We might even reconsider our decision not to buy any more Dell home
    >> computers, if they changed their policy and offered Gold Tech Support to
    > us.
    >> But they continue to refuse.
    >>
    >> Irene
    >>
    >> "Notan" <notan@ddress.com> wrote in message
    >> > Lost my USB ports... Called GTS at 10:30pm, last night.
    >> >
    >> > A new motherboard arrived this morning, at approximately
    >> > 9:00am, via UPS.
    >> >
    >> > The Tech just called and will arrive within the hour.
    >> >
    >> > I know Dell's got its problems, but this is DAMN GOOD SERVICE!
    >> >
    >> > Notan

    Noton,
    Do you work for Dell or just have a perpetual hard on for Dell?

    Keith Hester wrote:

    > Noton,
    > Do you work for Dell or just have a perpetual hard on for Dell?

    Aaahh, poor Keith.

    Upset 'cause everyone has it better than you?

    Notan

    Fagton,

    I don't own a Dell and I'm not sorry.

    Keith Hester wrote:

    > Fagton,
    >
    > I don't own a Dell and I'm not sorry.

    You don't own a Dell, yet you're here to tell everyone
    how bad their service is?

    You're nothing but a joke.

    Notan

    Noton,

    You are indeed the joke here. I get a laught from reading your posts. I've
    owned a few Dell PCs in the past, and it was not a pleasent experience. You
    are always posting about how great Dell is even though many consumers are
    not happy. I will admit that Dell was a good company back in the early
    1990's, however; Dell has fallen in service and quality. You are narrow
    minded and ignore the facts. You are just another DellBot on this group.

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:17:40 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > Your experience goes right along with all the others that I have heard about
    > Gold Tech Support.
    >
    > It is a shame that Dell continues to deny this service to those who purchase
    > from the Home/Home Office sales division.

    That only happens to uninformed Home Users - you can, as a individual,
    make purchase of those systems from the Small Business line and they never
    question it. You can also ask for the Gold Plan for the Home Line, but you
    have to ask.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:17:40 -0800, Irene wrote:
    >
    > > Your experience goes right along with all the others that I have heard about
    > > Gold Tech Support.
    > >
    > > It is a shame that Dell continues to deny this service to those who purchase
    > > from the Home/Home Office sales division.
    >
    > That only happens to uninformed Home Users - you can, as a individual,
    > make purchase of those systems from the Small Business line and they never
    > question it. You can also ask for the Gold Plan for the Home Line, but you
    > have to ask.

    While it's not available online, if it's only a phone call away,
    I say, "Go for it!"

    Notan

    So, ;what you are saying is that one must lie to Dell in order to get good
    Tech Support?

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:17:40 -0800, Irene wrote:
    >
    >> Your experience goes right along with all the others that I have heard
    >> about
    >> Gold Tech Support.
    >>
    >> It is a shame that Dell continues to deny this service to those who
    >> purchase
    >> from the Home/Home Office sales division.
    >
    > That only happens to uninformed Home Users - you can, as a individual,
    > make purchase of those systems from the Small Business line and they never
    > question it. You can also ask for the Gold Plan for the Home Line, but you
    > have to ask.
    >
    > --
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    I'll call. We tried to get it for our newest computer. In fact we tried
    twice. Once when it was ordered and again later. The last time we asked was
    early last year. We were told it was not available since we were Home
    Computer customers.
    Two of our computers are now out of warranty and the third will go out of
    warranty in less than a year, so I suspect that rules them out.
    There is no way that I can describe how poor the standard tech support has
    been for our last $3000 Dimension desk top.

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:59:09 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > So, ;what you are saying is that one must lie to Dell in order to get good
    > Tech Support?

    Not quite - home users wishing to have a different level of service and
    support are fully able/permitted to order from the Small Business site.
    The SBS does not typically have pre-configured deals on Multi-Media
    systems like the home user site does.

    Do you always take a negative position on everything?

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    No, but when we tried this, we were asked for the name and address of our
    business. My husband not wanting to lie, told them the truth, we didn't have
    one. The sales person said that without a business, he could not take our
    order.

    So, I repeat my question.
    Do we have to lie to Dell in order to place a computer order with the Small
    Business sales people?

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:59:09 -0800, Irene wrote:
    >>
    >> So, ;what you are saying is that one must lie to Dell in order to get
    >> good
    >> Tech Support?
    >
    > Not quite - home users wishing to have a different level of service and
    > support are fully able/permitted to order from the Small Business site.
    > The SBS does not typically have pre-configured deals on Multi-Media
    > systems like the home user site does.
    >
    > Do you always take a negative position on everything?
    >

    > --
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    >Do we have to lie to Dell in order to place a
    > computer order with the Small Business sales
    > people?

    I would also like to know the answer to this question. Couldn't they
    void the warranty if they found out we were really just home folks
    looking for Gold Tech Support? Does anyone know of the correct and
    honest way to buy from Dell and get this Gold Support? I would love to
    know I could have a tech in my home if I ran into problems with a Dell
    computer but I am not going to lie to get it.

    Bea

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:48:36 -0600, Bea xx wrote:

    >>Do we have to lie to Dell in order to place a
    >> computer order with the Small Business sales
    >> people?
    >
    > I would also like to know the answer to this question. Couldn't they
    > void the warranty if they found out we were really just home folks
    > looking for Gold Tech Support? Does anyone know of the correct and
    > honest way to buy from Dell and get this Gold Support? I would love to
    > know I could have a tech in my home if I ran into problems with a Dell
    > computer but I am not going to lie to get it.

    I'll answer both of you in the same post - it depends on the sales rep as
    to what's asked and where you can get. I've always just listed, for home
    users, the same address for both locations and the company name is the
    same as the home owners name.

    As for telling a lie, there are many types of home businesses - even being
    a mother can be seen as a business. It doesn't have to be a business based
    around your computer to be a business.

    Have you asked for Gold Level support contract cost from the Home User
    account sales people?

    --

    Leythos wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:48:36 -0600, Bea xx wrote:
    >
    > >>Do we have to lie to Dell in order to place a
    > >> computer order with the Small Business sales
    > >> people?
    > >
    > > I would also like to know the answer to this question. Couldn't they
    > > void the warranty if they found out we were really just home folks
    > > looking for Gold Tech Support? Does anyone know of the correct and
    > > honest way to buy from Dell and get this Gold Support? I would love to
    > > know I could have a tech in my home if I ran into problems with a Dell
    > > computer but I am not going to lie to get it.
    >
    > I'll answer both of you in the same post - it depends on the sales rep as
    > to what's asked and where you can get. I've always just listed, for home
    > users, the same address for both locations and the company name is the
    > same as the home owners name.
    >
    > As for telling a lie, there are many types of home businesses - even being
    > a mother can be seen as a business. It doesn't have to be a business based
    > around your computer to be a business.

    While being a mother can be a difficult job, there's no way it can
    be classified as a business, unless, of course, it produces some
    type of income (e.g., a daycare provider).

    Notan

    > Have you asked for Gold Level support contract cost from the Home User
    > account sales people?

    YES, as I said in my previous post. We were told that it was not available
    to Home/Home Business purchasers.

    I previously posted the following:

    We tried to get it for our newest computer. In fact we tried
    twice. Once when it was ordered and again later. The last time we asked was
    early last year. We were told it was not available since we were Home
    Computer customers.

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:48:36 -0600, Bea xx wrote:
    >
    >>>Do we have to lie to Dell in order to place a
    >>> computer order with the Small Business sales
    >>> people?
    >>
    >> I would also like to know the answer to this question. Couldn't they
    >> void the warranty if they found out we were really just home folks
    >> looking for Gold Tech Support? Does anyone know of the correct and
    >> honest way to buy from Dell and get this Gold Support? I would love to
    >> know I could have a tech in my home if I ran into problems with a Dell
    >> computer but I am not going to lie to get it.
    >
    > I'll answer both of you in the same post - it depends on the sales rep as
    > to what's asked and where you can get. I've always just listed, for home
    > users, the same address for both locations and the company name is the
    > same as the home owners name.
    >
    > As for telling a lie, there are many types of home businesses - even being
    > a mother can be seen as a business. It doesn't have to be a business based
    > around your computer to be a business.
    >
    > Have you asked for Gold Level support contract cost from the Home User
    > account sales people?
    >

    > --
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

    I would agree with you do not lie.
    If getting something requires a lie, find another way.

    But what is considered a business?
    Do you do anything work related on the computer?
    Does anyone including kids have a business that may qualify under the vague
    description of a business?
    Paper route, baby sitting etc where the computer is used for record keeping,
    letters to clients etc?

    Also remember the techs do not troubleshoot.
    The techs come in AFTER a call that has already identified the specific
    problems

    --
    Jupiter Jones
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:48:08 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> Have you asked for Gold Level support contract cost from the Home User
    >> account sales people?
    >
    > YES, as I said in my previous post. We were told that it was not available
    > to Home/Home Business purchasers.

    Thanks for the info - I read about 30 groups and sometimes the Alzheimers
    gets the better of me.

    I would suggest that you purchase through the small business site if you
    care about support, even if you have to "stretch" the truth a little it's
    worth it's weight in gold.

    --

    > I would suggest that you purchase through the small business site if you
    > care about support, even if you have to "stretch" the truth a little it's
    > worth it's weight in gold.

    We are now retired, but we operated a business for over thirty years. We did
    so without lies, stooping to fraud, or "stretching" the truth. We like to
    think that our success(and it was substantial) was do, not in small part,
    to the honesty and ethical manner that we treated our customers.

    Neither my husband, nor myself see any thing to be gained by changing our
    ways. Sorry, we don't subscribe to "the end justifies the means" way of
    doing things.

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:11:03 -0500, Keith Hester wrote:

    > Dell has fallen in service and quality. You are narrow
    > minded and ignore the facts. You are just another DellBot on this group.

    Keith, last year we purchase $1.8 million in servers, workstations, and
    network hardware for clients from Dell - in the clients name, not ours. In
    every case we purchased Gold support, even though the clients calls us and
    have us do the work, even when a Dell contracted repair person is sent.

    In all, in the last 5 years of working with Dell servers, workstations,
    and home computers, I've had less trouble with Dell than any other major
    vendor's systems.

    Now, I don't make a habit of posting about the Great server, to terrible
    outsourced service, or the quality of their systems, but there are always
    going to be those that have problems and those that have great
    experiences, but if Dell wasn't a reasonably good purchase it would not be
    in the marketing position it currently is in.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    I'll admit, all computer companies have gone down hill in terms of service
    and support. Also, Dell is not the worse. Their are a few on this group who
    always defend Dell to no end.

    Keith Hester wrote:

    > I'll admit, all computer companies have gone down hill in terms of service
    > and support. Also, Dell is not the worse. Their are a few on this group who
    > always defend Dell to no end.

    I've frequently said that Dell's got some serious support problems,
    although their Gold Tech Support isn't one of them.

    In a previous post, you said (to me), "You never said explicitly
    that they were perfect, but that's sure the tone of your posts."

    You're either an idiot or you're tone deaf.

    Maybe both.

    Notan
  26. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Notan,

    You always resort to name calling. You know, anything you say means nothing
    coming from you. I'll bet you got your ass beat many times in school.
    > Keith Hester wrote:
    >>
    >> I'll admit, all computer companies have gone down hill in terms of
    >> service
    >> and support. Also, Dell is not the worse. Their are a few on this group
    >> who
    >> always defend Dell to no end.
    >
    > I've frequently said that Dell's got some serious support problems,
    > although their Gold Tech Support isn't one of them.
    >
    > In a previous post, you said (to me), "You never said explicitly
    > that they were perfect, but that's sure the tone of your posts."
    >
    > You're either an idiot or you're tone deaf.
    >
    > Maybe both.
    >
    > Notan
  27. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:43:07 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> I would suggest that you purchase through the small business site if you
    >> care about support, even if you have to "stretch" the truth a little it's
    >> worth it's weight in gold.
    >
    > We are now retired, but we operated a business for over thirty years. We did
    > so without lies, stooping to fraud, or "stretching" the truth. We like to
    > think that our success(and it was substantial) was do, not in small part,
    > to the honesty and ethical manner that we treated our customers.
    >
    > Neither my husband, nor myself see any thing to be gained by changing our
    > ways. Sorry, we don't subscribe to "the end justifies the means" way of
    > doing things.

    I appreciate that view and type of life, and I never lie to customers
    either, but when it comes to support I'm willing to take advantage of Dell
    a little.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  28. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message

    > Neither my husband, nor myself see any thing to be gained by
    > changing our ways. Sorry, we don't subscribe to "the end justifies
    > the means" way of doing things.

    Are you doing any type charitable work and you use the computer to
    help with that work, or to keep records of that work? I do, and have
    no qualms about ordering through Small Business.

    I maintain websites for a couple of non-profits and get reimbursed for
    the cost of name registration and server cost, but none for my time,
    but it's still a business, except since I retired, I do it for free.
    The name I use is the same name I used in business, (my name)
    Associates.

    Tom J
    who doesn't buy the service contracts though
  29. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Nope-----in every case we use their computers.

    The point that a lot of folks seem to be missing, is that Dell should not be
    forcing their customers into lies and fraud just so that the customer can
    get acceptable tech support and service.

    We have no objection to having to pay for the upgraded support, but we
    shouldn't have to commit fraud and lie to get it.

    "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message

    > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >
    >> Neither my husband, nor myself see any thing to be gained by changing our
    >> ways. Sorry, we don't subscribe to "the end justifies the means" way of
    >> doing things.
    >
    > Are you doing any type charitable work and you use the computer to help
    > with that work, or to keep records of that work? I do, and have no qualms
    > about ordering through Small Business.
    >
    > I maintain websites for a couple of non-profits and get reimbursed for the
    > cost of name registration and server cost, but none for my time, but it's
    > still a business, except since I retired, I do it for free. The name I use
    > is the same name I used in business, (my name) Associates.
    >
    > Tom J
    > who doesn't buy the service contracts though

  30. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:48:06 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > Nope-----in every case we use their computers.

    Irene - you just said you are a business "we use their computers" which
    means you are doing "work" for someone.

    And that means that if you do anything on your computer that helps you
    advance, such as learning word, more html, etc... then it's a valid
    business item.

    > The point that a lot of folks seem to be missing, is that Dell should not be
    > forcing their customers into lies and fraud just so that the customer can
    > get acceptable tech support and service.
    >
    > We have no objection to having to pay for the upgraded support, but we
    > shouldn't have to commit fraud and lie to get it.

    None of us Miss the point, we just use the strictest definitions of Work
    related to mean business related and that allows us and Dell to play on
    the same page - no lies needed.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  31. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    I wish people wouldn't play word games. No where did I say we were a
    business. We used to have a business and are now retired. The charity work
    that my husband and I do are for a church and a local senior assistance
    program. Both have their own computers and we use their computers, not ours.
    In short "you" use the same word games to attempt to justify "stretching the
    truth" so that "you" can order from the business sales.
    If that's the game that some must play to get good tech service and support,
    well, it's between them and their conscience. We prefer to keep our
    integrity and take our business elsewhere.

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:48:06 -0800, Irene wrote:
    >>
    >> Nope-----in every case we use their computers.
    >
    > Irene - you just said you are a business "we use their computers" which
    > means you are doing "work" for someone.
    >
    > And that means that if you do anything on your computer that helps you
    > advance, such as learning word, more html, etc... then it's a valid
    > business item.
    >
    >> The point that a lot of folks seem to be missing, is that Dell should not
    >> be
    >> forcing their customers into lies and fraud just so that the customer can
    >> get acceptable tech support and service.
    >>
    >> We have no objection to having to pay for the upgraded support, but we
    >> shouldn't have to commit fraud and lie to get it.
    >
    > None of us Miss the point, we just use the strictest definitions of Work
    > related to mean business related and that allows us and Dell to play on
    > the same page - no lies needed.
    >
    > --
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

  32. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:36:00 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > I wish people wouldn't play word games. No where did I say we were a
    > business. We used to have a business and are now retired. The charity work
    > that my husband and I do are for a church and a local senior assistance
    > program. Both have their own computers and we use their computers, not ours.

    I wasn't playing "Word" games - you said you do work for others and that
    you Use Their Computers. If you use other people computers to do work that
    also means that you have to know something about computers or the
    applications that run on them in order to efficiently use them. That means
    you are performing a business function for those groups, even if you use
    their computers, it still a business function. It might also be a tax
    deduction if the charity could place a value on the service - in fact, if
    they place a $ value on the service it enforces that you are indeed
    performing a business function.

    > In short "you" use the same word games to attempt to justify "stretching
    > the truth" so that "you" can order from the business sales. If that's
    > the game that some must play to get good tech service and support, well,
    > it's between them and their conscience. We prefer to keep our integrity
    > and take our business elsewhere.

    I'm looking at your function as though it was a service you provide, even
    if for free, to a business - and a charity/church IS a business. While you
    may not value your time/effort, in many cases the IRS does allow it to be
    considered a donation and can be claimed on your taxes. Your "Charity"
    towards those businesses does not lessen the fact that you are performing
    a business function - that means you can call your business "mom & pop
    charity services" and be completely legal/justified in doing so. There is
    nothing unethical, no lie, nada, it's completely on the up and up.

    Now, if you don't want to look at your services as valued, don't really
    want to consider what you do as being worthwhile, that's your business,
    but I don't need lectured because you don't personally consider your
    business activities as something that qualifies. In reality, even if you
    never claim your donation of services on your taxes, you are providing a
    business service to those organizations the same as if they bought those
    services from another company.

    You are the one that said you perform services using the organizations
    computers - that means you perform business services - which makes you a
    small business.

    Do you understand now - there is NO deception.

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:48:06 -0800, Irene wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Nope-----in every case we use their computers.
    >>
    >> Irene - you just said you are a business "we use their computers" which
    >> means you are doing "work" for someone.
    >>
    >> And that means that if you do anything on your computer that helps you
    >> advance, such as learning word, more html, etc... then it's a valid
    >> business item.
    >>
    >>> The point that a lot of folks seem to be missing, is that Dell should
    >>> not be
    >>> forcing their customers into lies and fraud just so that the customer
    >>> can get acceptable tech support and service.
    >>>
    >>> We have no objection to having to pay for the upgraded support, but we
    >>> shouldn't have to commit fraud and lie to get it.
    >>
    >> None of us Miss the point, we just use the strictest definitions of
    >> Work related to mean business related and that allows us and Dell to
    >> play on the same page - no lies needed.
    >>
    >> --
    >> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >> remove 999 in order to email me

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  33. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    As I said, this all goes along with "stretching the truth", which apparently
    is how some get the Gold Tech Support that Dell sees fit to deny it's
    Home/Home Business customers. As I also said, that is between them and their
    conscience.

    Just because Dell sees fit to act in this manner does not mean that we are
    willing to stoop down to their level.

    I suspect that, based on what we were told over the phone by Dell Sales, if
    Dell decides to "crack down", those folks will be found to have "provided
    false and misleading information, in order to get the upgraded service".
    That allows Dell to "cancel the service agreements with those customers".

    Not my words----that of a Dell Sales Supervisor.

> [...]
    > business service to those organizations the same as if they bought those
    > services from another company.
    >
    > You are the one that said you perform services using the organizations
    > computers - that means you perform business services - which makes you a
    > small business.
    >
    > Do you understand now - there is NO deception.
    >
    >> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message

    >>> Irene - you just said you are a business "we use their computers" which
    >>> means you are doing "work" for someone.
    >>>
    >>> And that means that if you do anything on your computer that helps you
    >>> advance, such as learning word, more html, etc... then it's a valid
    >>> business item.

    >>> None of us Miss the point, we just use the strictest definitions of
    >>> Work related to mean business related and that allows us and Dell to

  34. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:47:09 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > As I said, this all goes along with "stretching the truth", which apparently
    > is how some get the Gold Tech Support that Dell sees fit to deny it's
    > Home/Home Business customers. As I also said, that is between them and their
    > conscience.
    >
    > Just because Dell sees fit to act in this manner does not mean that we are
    > willing to stoop down to their level.
    >
    > I suspect that, based on what we were told over the phone by Dell Sales, if
    > Dell decides to "crack down", those folks will be found to have "provided
    > false and misleading information, in order to get the upgraded service".
    > That allows Dell to "cancel the service agreements with those customers".
    >
    > Not my words----that of a Dell Sales Supervisor.

    Irene, I appreciate what you're saying, but if you only look at the truth,
    you are providing a business service to customers - the fact that you
    provide that service free does not change the fact that it's a service.

    I'm not here to convenience you that you are or are not a business, only
    that you don't have to fib/lie about your business status.

    Are you aware that many companies operate under the owners Social Security
    Number and claim everything on their personal taxes to the IRS - called
    Sole Proprietor-Ship businesses. Dell has no problem selling business
    services to those types of businesses, and in fact, that's what the "Small
    Business/SOHO" group does.

    As for "false or misleading" - there is no way that Dell can suggest that
    a home based business is not a business, as long as you can show customers
    of some type then you are a perfectly legit business. You do no have to
    use the Dell computers in the work product of your business, Dell doesn't
    care how you use them, only that you are a business. If you use your
    computer to become more proficient at the services you offer your
    customers, then that's a perfectly legit secondary reason to justify it as
    a business class purchase. Dell only cares about Home vs Business so that
    they don't have a zillion ignorant users calling asking about how to play
    CD's and hear them on the speakers - as that would drive the cost of
    business support up.

    This is my last post to try and explain that you are considered a
    business, even if you don't want to be, and that you, as you provide
    services to other businesses, fully quality for business systems purchases
    through the Dell Small Business section.

> [...]
    >> charity services" and be completely legal/justified in doing so. There is
    >> nothing unethical, no lie, nada, it's completely on the up and up.
    >>
    >> Now, if you don't want to look at your services as valued, don't really
    >> want to consider what you do as being worthwhile, that's your business,
    >> but I don't need lectured because you don't personally consider your
    >> business activities as something that qualifies. In reality, even if you
    >> never claim your donation of services on your taxes, you are providing a
    >> business service to those organizations the same as if they bought those
    >> services from another company.
    >>
    >> You are the one that said you perform services using the organizations
    >> computers - that means you perform business services - which makes you a
    >> small business.
    >>
    >> Do you understand now - there is NO deception.

  35. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    I went through all of this with a sales supervisor. As I said, what I posted
    were his words, not mine. He gave me this reference.

    This comes directly from the Dell Gold Tech Support web site:

    " Gold Technical Support is currently not available on Dimension or Inspiron
    Personal Systems and is currently not available to Dell Home System,
    Employee Purchase Program and Faculty Staff and Student customers. "

    Please note the exclusion of Dimension and Inspiron computers.
    See subnote 1---at the bottom of this page, just above the copyright
    section.

    Here is the URL.

    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/services/en/gts?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

    I wish it were available for Dimension computers, but it is not.

> [...]
    >>> charity services" and be completely legal/justified in doing so. There
    >>> is
    >>> nothing unethical, no lie, nada, it's completely on the up and up.
    >>>
    >>> Now, if you don't want to look at your services as valued, don't really
    >>> want to consider what you do as being worthwhile, that's your business,
    >>> but I don't need lectured because you don't personally consider your
    >>> business activities as something that qualifies. In reality, even if you
    >>> never claim your donation of services on your taxes, you are providing a
    >>> business service to those organizations the same as if they bought those
    >>> services from another company.
    >>>
    >>> You are the one that said you perform services using the organizations
    >>> computers - that means you perform business services - which makes you a
    >>> small business.
    >>>
    >>> Do you understand now - there is NO deception.

  36. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Irene <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > I suspect that, based on what we were told over the phone by Dell Sales, if
    > Dell decides to "crack down", those folks will be found to have "provided
    > false and misleading information, in order to get the upgraded service".
    > That allows Dell to "cancel the service agreements with those customers".

    > Not my words----that of a Dell Sales Supervisor.

    The high horse act is getting old.

    Post the written definition of "small business" and any terms or agreements
    that must be made before buying from that department. I found none after
    spending 30 minutes looking.

    The phone operator stuff? Blind leading the blind.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Brian wrote:

    > Irene <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > > I suspect that, based on what we were told over the phone by Dell Sales, if
    > > Dell decides to "crack down", those folks will be found to have "provided
    > > false and misleading information, in order to get the upgraded service".
    > > That allows Dell to "cancel the service agreements with those customers".
    >
    > > Not my words----that of a Dell Sales Supervisor.
    >
    > The high horse act is getting old.
    >
    > Post the written definition of "small business" and any terms or agreements
    > that must be made before buying from that department. I found none after
    > spending 30 minutes looking.
    >
    > The phone operator stuff? Blind leading the blind.

    While I don't remember what proof I had to provide, I'd image
    that a "1099" would be sufficient.

    Notan
  38. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Take a look at the URL that I have posted.

    I repeat, we have Dell Dimension desk top computers.

    "Brian" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
    > Irene <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >> I suspect that, based on what we were told over the phone by Dell Sales,
    >> if
    >> Dell decides to "crack down", those folks will be found to have
    >> "provided
    >> false and misleading information, in order to get the upgraded service".
    >> That allows Dell to "cancel the service agreements with those customers".
    >
    >> Not my words----that of a Dell Sales Supervisor.
    >
    > The high horse act is getting old.
    >
    > Post the written definition of "small business" and any terms or
    > agreements
    > that must be made before buying from that department. I found none after
    > spending 30 minutes looking.
    >
    > The phone operator stuff? Blind leading the blind.

  39. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:04:18 -0700, Notan wrote:

    > Brian wrote:
    >>
    >> Irene <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >> > I suspect that, based on what we were told over the phone by Dell Sales, if
    >> > Dell decides to "crack down", those folks will be found to have "provided
    >> > false and misleading information, in order to get the upgraded service".
    >> > That allows Dell to "cancel the service agreements with those customers".
    >>
    >> > Not my words----that of a Dell Sales Supervisor.
    >>
    >> The high horse act is getting old.
    >>
    >> Post the written definition of "small business" and any terms or agreements
    >> that must be made before buying from that department. I found none after
    >> spending 30 minutes looking.
    >>
    >> The phone operator stuff? Blind leading the blind.
    >
    > While I don't remember what proof I had to provide, I'd image
    > that a "1099" would be sufficient.

    Actually you don't need to provide ANY proof to Dell, just a business
    name, and since the company name can you YOUR_LAST_NAME without a EIN or
    anything it's all legit.

    We started with Dell business as a Single owner, and I known hundreds of
    others that are true single owner companies - they don't care at Dell as
    long as you state you are a business.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  40. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:27:13 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > This comes directly from the Dell Gold Tech Support web site:
    >
    > " Gold Technical Support is currently not available on Dimension or Inspiron
    > Personal Systems and is currently not available to Dell Home System,
    > Employee Purchase Program and Faculty Staff and Student customers. "

    Irene - you didn't say what type of computer you wanted to order, and
    since the home computer have a lot of fluff, you can actually get better
    performing systems from the business line. Most of the eye candy is just
    that - eye candy.

    What computer did you have in mind, maybe we can help find one in the
    business section that has the same features.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  41. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Oh, but I did.
    In fact, I described out last purchase from Dell as a "$3000 Dimension desk
    top"
    I also posted that our other two Dell computers were Dimensions, and were
    out of warranty or going out of warranty.
    The computer that we tried to get Gold Tech Support on was the newest
    Dimension desk top.

    I don't know how much more I can emphasize this. We are not a business, we
    don't really qualify as a business and need a home computer, not a business
    computer or server.
    The quality of support we need is no longer provided by Dell.
    It is not even offered as an option at additional cost.
    The Gold Tech Support would be satisfactory and we are willing to pay for
    it. But as the URL I posted indicates, Dell will not extend it to Dimension
    computers.

    > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:27:13 -0800, Irene wrote:
    >>
    >> This comes directly from the Dell Gold Tech Support web site:
    >>
    >> " Gold Technical Support is currently not available on Dimension or
    >> Inspiron
    >> Personal Systems and is currently not available to Dell Home System,
    >> Employee Purchase Program and Faculty Staff and Student customers. "
    >
    > Irene - you didn't say what type of computer you wanted to order, and
    > since the home computer have a lot of fluff, you can actually get better
    > performing systems from the business line. Most of the eye candy is just
    > that - eye candy.
    >
    > What computer did you have in mind, maybe we can help find one in the
    > business section that has the same features.
    >
    > --
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

  42. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > If that's the game that some must play to get good tech service and
    > support, well, it's between them and their conscience. We prefer to
    > keep our integrity and take our business elsewhere.

    May I ask where you have found better service? The last I looked
    around, all computer manufacturing companies are using the same type
    service (contracted out).

    Tom J
  43. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> If that's the game that some must play to get good tech service and
    >> support, well, it's between them and their conscience. We prefer to keep
    >> our integrity and take our business elsewhere.
    >
    > May I ask where you have found better service? The last I looked around,
    > all computer manufacturing companies are using the same type service
    > (contracted out).
    >
    > Tom J

    I've been asking this same question of Irene for at least two years ( or of
    anyone else who has "left Dell". We all could benefit if such a vendor
    exists ).

    Stew
  44. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    > While I don't remember what proof I had to provide, I'd image
    > that a "1099" would be sufficient.

    Don't know about phone purchases, but on line there is 1 line to fill
    in - Business name.
    As a single person business, I filled in the name I used for 30 years
    (my name) Associates.
    That's it.

    Tom J
  45. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:50:22 -0800, Irene wrote:

    > Oh, but I did.
    > In fact, I described out last purchase from Dell as a "$3000 Dimension
    > desk top"
    > I also posted that our other two Dell computers were Dimensions, and
    > were out of warranty or going out of warranty. The computer that we
    > tried to get Gold Tech Support on was the newest Dimension desk top.
    >
    > I don't know how much more I can emphasize this. We are not a business,
    > we don't really qualify as a business and need a home computer, not a
    > business computer or server.
    > The quality of support we need is no longer provided by Dell. It is
    > not even offered as an option at additional cost. The Gold Tech Support
    > would be satisfactory and we are willing to pay for it. But as the URL I
    > posted indicates, Dell will not extend it to Dimension computers.

    Well, I guess you're just up-the-creek without the proverbial paddle.

    --
    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  46. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    I can't believe you guys are still carrying on this useless thread. You
    really must have nothing else to do.

    Ted Zieglar

    > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:50:22 -0800, Irene wrote:

    etc. etc. etc.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    Irene wrote:
> [...]
    >>of some type then you are a perfectly legit business. You do no have to
    >>use the Dell computers in the work product of your business, Dell doesn't
    >>care how you use them, only that you are a business. If you use your
    >>computer to become more proficient at the services you offer your
    >>customers, then that's a perfectly legit secondary reason to justify it as
    >>a business class purchase. Dell only cares about Home vs Business so that
    >>they don't have a zillion ignorant users calling asking about how to play
    >>CD's and hear them on the speakers - as that would drive the cost of
    >>business support up.
    >>
    >>This is my last post to try and explain that you are considered a
    >>business, even if you don't want to be, and that you, as you provide
    >>services to other businesses, fully quality for business systems purchases
    >>through the Dell Small Business section.

    Home users can now purchase a warranty package from Dell called Premier
    Warranty Support. It appears to be somewhat similar to Gold Technical
    Support available to Small Business users and is comparably priced. I
    found it when pricing a Dimension 8400 through the Home and Home Office
    section of the web site.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    she said she bought her last computer or computers from a local mom and pop
    shop

    > "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> If that's the game that some must play to get good tech service and
    >>> support, well, it's between them and their conscience. We prefer to keep
    >>> our integrity and take our business elsewhere.
    >>
    >> May I ask where you have found better service? The last I looked around,
    >> all computer manufacturing companies are using the same type service
    >> (contracted out).
    >>
    >> Tom J
    >>

    > I've been asking this same question of Irene for at least two years ( or
    > of anyone else who has "left Dell". We all could benefit if such a vendor
    > exists ).
    >

    > Stew

  49. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

    "Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    > she said she bought her last computer or computers from a local mom
    > and pop shop

    Then, why is she here instead of back at the mom & pop? You don't
    think it would have anything to do with more computer for the buck do
    you? ;-)

    Tom J
    or is it just bitch time

Dell Support Computers