What's up with HardOCP

pauldh

Illustrious
I have been a fan of HardOCP's method of testing cards as a great added benifet to the apples to apples tests everyone else does. Also, I enjoyed their info on Doom 3 alot too.

But, after the unbelievable steelar review they gave Doom 3, (compared to what people here say about the gameplay), and the fact that they have nothing posted yet about HL2 video stress test or CS: Source, I am wondering what is up with HardOCP. Did they sell out to ID for that in-house review privaledge? Was it more of a Doom 3 promotion than a series of reviews? I mean, FiringSquad has now had 4 reviews with HL2 already, and HardOCP none.

Anyway, just been hitting all the major sites alot lately for HL2 tests, and FiringSquad seems to be the most helpful. Then it hit me that still nothing graphics related since Doom3 on HardOCP. Are they catching up on sleep after too much time on D3? Anyone else frequent [H] and notice a lack of HL2 coverage and/or the D3 promotion? I'll have to hit their forums and look for an explanation to why HL2 is MIA.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
The last article related to graphics was 23rd, when they were reviewing ATIs linux drivers. And before that Nvidia, BFG, BFG, BFG,.....Nvidia....

Not much ATI there since late June. Either they are lagging behind, or busy playing Doom3, or are more inclined towards GL_DOOM/Nvidia stuff...who knows !

<i> :evil: <font color=blue>Futile is resistance,</font color=blue><font color=red> assimilate you we will.</font color=red> :evil: </i>
<b>Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.</b>

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, I missed the linux one. But I am still looking for a featured article on their home page that mentions HL2, the video stress test or CS:Source. Sick of seeing Doom 3 plastered on the home page day after day. Anyway, I guess firing squad has been spoiling me with their HL2 interest.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt