gem

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004

Can some one please please help me I have recently bought a acer computer
running xp. about a month ago every now and then my screen starts to shake
can last from 1 to 2min then stops i cant look at the screen it starts to
spin you out. hope someone has an answer 4 me thanks gem

STEC

Have you checked the display settings on your display properties are correct
for the monitor, an incorrect refresh rate etc can cause problems.

When it happens is there any strange noises from your speakers?

"Gem" wrote:

> Can some one please please help me I have recently bought a acer computer
> running xp. about a month ago every now and then my screen starts to shake
> can last from 1 to 2min then stops i cant look at the screen it starts to
> spin you out. hope someone has an answer 4 me thanks gem

gem

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004

Thanks SteC
no noise from speakers ,refresh rate is set at 60hertz,screen resolition
880x600,
color highest (32bit) dpi settings (96dpi) thanks gem

"SteC" wrote:

> Have you checked the display settings on your display properties are correct
> for the monitor, an incorrect refresh rate etc can cause problems.
>
> When it happens is there any strange noises from your speakers?
>

> "Gem" wrote:
>
> > Can some one please please help me I have recently bought a acer computer
> > running xp. about a month ago every now and then my screen starts to shake
> > can last from 1 to 2min then stops i cant look at the screen it starts to
> > spin you out. hope someone has an answer 4 me thanks gem

This can be due to the presence of a mobile phone (cell phone). Even when
not making a call it still tranmits and receives. If so move it to a greater
distance.

"Gem" <Gem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can some one please please help me I have recently bought a acer computer
> running xp. about a month ago every now and then my screen starts to shake
> can last from 1 to 2min then stops i cant look at the screen it starts to
> spin you out. hope someone has an answer 4 me thanks gem

STEC

Usually you would get feedback through the speakers as well as interference
with the display.

"John Green" wrote:

> This can be due to the presence of a mobile phone (cell phone). Even when
> not making a call it still tranmits and receives. If so move it to a greater
> distance.
>
> "Gem" <Gem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can some one please please help me I have recently bought a acer computer
> > running xp. about a month ago every now and then my screen starts to shake
> > can last from 1 to 2min then stops i cant look at the screen it starts to
> > spin you out. hope someone has an answer 4 me thanks gem

gem

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004

usually dont have mobiles near but will move any i have further away & see
if it helps
thanks John

"John Green" wrote:

> This can be due to the presence of a mobile phone (cell phone). Even when
> not making a call it still tranmits and receives. If so move it to a greater
> distance.
>
> "Gem" <Gem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can some one please please help me I have recently bought a acer computer
> > running xp. about a month ago every now and then my screen starts to shake
> > can last from 1 to 2min then stops i cant look at the screen it starts to
> > spin you out. hope someone has an answer 4 me thanks gem

May have simple solution

I read with interest re shaking screen. I also have a acer T300 computer
with a phillips 105b screen. I had a problem with my screen shaking and
found it to electrical interference from a power point that isolates the
electric stove and a second power point that I use for the kettle. Both are
located within 10 feet. Not saying that this may be your problem but try
relocating in other room. Worked for me.

Ray

PS I nearly returned computer and screen as was under warranty. ( would have
looked dumb )

> Thanks SteC
> no noise from speakers ,refresh rate is set at 60hertz,screen resolition
> 880x600,
> color highest (32bit) dpi settings (96dpi) thanks gem
>
> "SteC" wrote:
>
>> Have you checked the display settings on your display properties are
>> correct
>> for the monitor, an incorrect refresh rate etc can cause problems.
>>
>> When it happens is there any strange noises from your speakers?
>>

>> "Gem" wrote:
>>
>> > Can some one please please help me I have recently bought a acer
>> > computer
>> > running xp. about a month ago every now and then my screen starts to
>> > shake
>> > can last from 1 to 2min then stops i cant look at the screen it starts
>> > spin you out. hope someone has an answer 4 me thanks gem

gem

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004

thanks ray
will try anything to stop the shaking (fingers crossed)since asking for
help screen has been o.k