I'll try to make this as short as possible.
1. Due room being too small for a desk I'd like to get a decent laptop until I slowly build a good desktop from scratch and use a new TV as it's monitor. (Sort of making a multimedia thing with the TV)
2. Laptops will be used for general purpose but when I do play Games I'd like to enjoy them graphics and all but doesn't have to be power house specs. Just enough do that I'd see details.
In terms of games it would be these.
PSO2 (Phantasy Star Online 2)
Vista / 7 32bit/ 64bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or more
XP 1.5GB or more of RAM
Vista/ 7 2GB or more of RAM
HDD: 8GB or more
1280 × 720 or higher resolution monitor
NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT graphics cards or more
Sound card compatible sound card DirectX (at least DirectX 9.0c)
DirectX 9.0c or higher
LOL (Might play)
Minimum System Requirements
2 GHz processor
1 GB RAM
2 GB hard disk space
Any DirectX 9.0 capable video card
Windows XP or higher
Recommended System Requirements
3 GHz processor
2 GB RAM
6 GB hard disk space
GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card
Windows XP or higher
Star Wars: The Old Republic (might play)
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000 or better / Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 Ghz or better
Memory: At least 1.5 GB RAM for XP / 2 GB or better for Windows Vista/7
Graphics: ATI XT1800 or better / NVIDIA 7800 or better / Intel 4100 or better. 256 MB minimum video RAM, shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card.
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
DVD-ROM: 8x or better
Dolphin makes use of two processors if present!
Windows XP or higher, or Linux, or MacOSX Intel.
Fast CPU with SSE2.
GPU with Pixel Shader 2.0 or greater. Some integrated graphics chips work but it depends on the model (and only with DirectX 9).
Ok now that is out the way time for the fun part lol
I had some questions before I went to last part of my post (Being the laptop choice itself): 1. Is there a huge difference between i5 and i7 and would someone notice it?
2. Is there a huge difference between 2nd gen and 3rd gen and should be taken into consideration of laptop choices?
3. What does the Letters behind processor types? So far I've seen, K,QM,M and should either type of these be something to look for laptop choices.
4. Would it be recommended to go for a laptop with 2GB Dedicated?
Ok now to the final part sorry it took so long....
I was surprised I came across this for it's price. Especially since it had 2GB Dedicated.
Preferably I wanted a laptop with:
2GB Dedicated (I assumed more is better for games but please let me know if that's incorrect)
17'3 Screen http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215410
Is this one any good or is there others i can fine that might be a bit a cheaper that would do the job
More about :advice multimedia gaming laptop choosing