Window Asking What to Do when Inserting CD or Drive

You all know that in XP, when inserting a CD or DVD or even a Jump Drive, a
window pops up and it ask what you want to do now or from now on - either
open folder, play movie, etc. Is there a way to change that option once you
set it for windows to remember? For example, I have it set for CDs to open
in folder view, but I want to change it so that it plays automatically, etc.

Thanks. This was a little hard to describe.

1. Open Windows XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: AUTOPLAY , and hit enter.
3. Click on: "Change how your computer handles multimedia content".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"RL331" wrote:

| You all know that in XP, when inserting a CD or DVD or even a Jump Drive, a
| window pops up and it ask what you want to do now or from now on - either
| open folder, play movie, etc. Is there a way to change that option once you
| set it for windows to remember? For example, I have it set for CDs to open
| in folder view, but I want to change it so that it plays automatically, etc.
|
| Thanks. This was a little hard to describe.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
Tested on: 5/12/2005 9:28:06 AM

Hi RL331,

Open My Computer, right-click the CD drive-letter and choose Properties. In
the Autoplay tab, set the options accordingly.

IMG:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/11/autoplay/autoplayfig03.gif

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP