Which button for Complete System recovery during Startup??

Many moons ago I needed to to completely wipe clean my PC except for the OS.
I can vaguely remember pressing one of the 'F' buttons during startup (F8 or
F10 me thinks).
If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would appreciate if you would let
me know which button it was I had to press.
I think the operation was called Complete System Recovery, but am not sure.

Thanks in advance
John.
2 answers Last reply
More about which button complete system recovery startup

    Can't really offer any suggestions until you inform us of
    the make and model of your PC. If you happen to have
    a HP PC, see the following:

    Read the following article thoroughly, then follow
    the steps outlined to perform a "non-destructive"
    recovery operation.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&product=71013&dlc=en&lang=en

    If a "non-destructive" recovery will not work, then you'll have
    to resort to a "destructive recovery" which will reformat the
    drive, thus wiping it clean of all files before Windows XP is
    reinstalled.

    Obtaining HP Recovery CDs
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=71013&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07143

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "John Gudgin" wrote:

    | Many moons ago I needed to to completely wipe clean my PC except for the OS.
    | I can vaguely remember pressing one of the 'F' buttons during startup (F8 or
    | F10 me thinks).
    | If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would appreciate if you would let
    | me know which button it was I had to press.
    | I think the operation was called Complete System Recovery, but am not sure.
    |
    | Thanks in advance
    | John.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
    Tested on: 5/12/2005 9:31:00 AM

    That information would be in your instruction manual.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "John Gudgin" <johngudgin@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Many moons ago I needed to to completely wipe clean my PC except for the
    > OS.
    > I can vaguely remember pressing one of the 'F' buttons during startup (F8
    > or F10 me thinks).
    > If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would appreciate if you would
    > let me know which button it was I had to press.
    > I think the operation was called Complete System Recovery, but am not
    > sure.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > John.

Support Microsoft System Recovery Windows XP