Safe Mode

Aaaaaargh. Have recently switched from Windows 2000 to Windows XP. I can't
seem to restart my computer in safe mode in XP. I have tried pressing F8 as
it begins to restart but with no luck. Please please help as need to run an
anti-virus programme in safe mode to remove the Trojan Vundo B

There's more than one way to get into safemode

Accessing Safe Mode. #12
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#12
and/or
How to start Windows XP in Safe mode