Does Somebody Know the limits of serial ports number (,com..

Does Somebody Know the limit of serial port number (com 1....,com2...)
witch are running under XP system????
In one new installation I have big problem to used 10 serial com ports
toghether...!!!
I checked that the limit maximal numerber ports control was 9.(nine).
Can Somebody Help me??
Best Regards
2 answers Last reply
More about does limits serial ports number

    Hi pio,

    We have debugger machines here that use serial ports for debugging other
    machines. Some of these machines have a couple hunderd COM ports on them.
    Here is one product we use. We can get a lot of ports per machine by running
    multiple cards and daisychaining multiple concentrators.

    http://www.digi.com/products/multiportserialcards/acceleportcx.jsp

    Joshua Smith
    OpenGL Test Lab
    Microsoft
    -----

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

    "pio" <pio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does Somebody Know the limit of serial port number (com 1....,com2...)
    > witch are running under XP system????
    > In one new installation I have big problem to used 10 serial com ports
    > toghether...!!!
    > I checked that the limit maximal numerber ports control was 9.(nine).
    > Can Somebody Help me??
    > Best Regards

    The only limit you face for number of serial ports is your machine's ability to comply with the requirements for using Advanced
    Computer Power Interface (ACPI) with XP.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "pio" <pio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A460797-259F-4683-BB96-E62552C754E2@microsoft.com...
    > Does Somebody Know the limit of serial port number (com 1....,com2...)
    > witch are running under XP system????
    > In one new installation I have big problem to used 10 serial com ports
    > toghether...!!!
    > I checked that the limit maximal numerber ports control was 9.(nine).
    > Can Somebody Help me??
    > Best Regards

Support Microsoft Windows XP