Does Somebody Know the limits of serial ports number (,com..

May 12, 2005 1:26:05 PM

Does Somebody Know the limit of serial port number (com 1....,com2...)
witch are running under XP system????
In one new installation I have big problem to used 10 serial com ports
toghether...!!!
I checked that the limit maximal numerber ports control was 9.(nine).
Can Somebody Help me??
Best Regards
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:21:54 PM

Hi pio,

We have debugger machines here that use serial ports for debugging other
machines. Some of these machines have a couple hunderd COM ports on them.
Here is one product we use. We can get a lot of ports per machine by running
multiple cards and daisychaining multiple concentrators.

http://www.digi.com/products/multiportserialcards/accel...

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

"pio" <pio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Somebody Know the limit of serial port number (com 1....,com2...)
> witch are running under XP system????
> In one new installation I have big problem to used 10 serial com ports
> toghether...!!!
> I checked that the limit maximal numerber ports control was 9.(nine).
> Can Somebody Help me??
> Best Regards

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:40:40 PM

The only limit you face for number of serial ports is your machine's ability to comply with the requirements for using Advanced
Computer Power Interface (ACPI) with XP.

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

!