What if they sell WAP with enbled WEP by default?

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I think synchronizing WEP between wireless access point (WAP) and wireless
LAN client computer(s) is beyond basic. Customer support call centers
will get more calls, more irate U.S. callers being helped by someone
reciting or reading some script in India or Bangladesh.

An individual customer would have to learn how to change keys in order to
maintain security on his/her wireless LAN. So why not learn it out of the
box? I am not sure that I see your point. If it was enabled by default, it
would have to be changed eventually.
Harryc
--

"JimboLee2@NETZER0@.NET" <anon@pop.netzero.net> wrote in message
>I think synchronizing WEP between wireless access point (WAP) and wireless
> LAN client computer(s) is beyond basic. Customer support call centers
> will get more calls, more irate U.S. callers being helped by someone
> reciting or reading some script in India or Bangladesh.

"JimboLee2@NETZER0@.NET" <anon@pop.netzero.net> wrote in

> more irate U.S. callers being helped by someone
> reciting or reading some script in India or Bangladesh.

The call centers I've called with American workers recite scripts as well.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)