Duke Nukem Forever Development Still Ongoing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciuy

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Jesus, this poor game has been trough alot. If it does finally get released, it will be a mirracle.

Anyway i want it :D

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]Jesus, this poor game has been trough alot. If it does finally get released, it will be a mirracle.Anyway i want it[/citation]
As long as they don't butcher it. If it took 12+ years to finally release and sucks, that'll be the nail in the coffin.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I'll believe it when I see it! I should say when it is finally in my hands. Till then as far as I am concerned it is nothing but a fleeting fantasy................................................................
.....................OK! OK! I can't wait. I still hold hope.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I stopped hoping a long time ago... and you know that when it comes out, it won't live up to anyone's expectations.

Guaranteed to flop. My opinion... you're free to disagree.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Now that I think of it, they should turn this project to open source so that a community could work on it and finally release it!

It's been so long, it's about to turn into public property on its own

G

DNF has become such a joke! really! i think the guys at 3d realms had plenty of time to release this game even before there business probs started, they have done nothing but sit with their fingers up their fat butts n f@ck around. i have feel no sorrow for 3d realms n all have to say is GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDDENS to 3d realms. we beta off without u

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
You know if they are going to make it then make it, if not then don't stop announcing every little change. Think the flip flopping is making people care less and less every damn time.

I am afraid that this game will be crap...
The more it changes companies, the worse it's gonna get.
The company that will finish it might do it quick.... means a lot of bugs, badly written code....
That's too bad because i really enjoyed Duke Nukem 3d...
Hey this reminds me of something that came out too quickly.... I won't say what, you guess
Tip: starts with a "V"

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
Despite the closure of 3D Realms, it seems that Duke isn’t dead.

3D Realms Not Closing:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/984/984145p1.html

"Despite rumors and statements to the contrary, 3D Realms has not closed and is not closing. 3DR retains ownership of the Duke Nukem franchise. Due to lack of funding, however, we are saddened to confirm that we let the Duke Nukem Forever development team go on May 6th, while we regroup as a company." Broussard writes. "While 3DR is a much smaller studio now, we will continue to operate as a company and continue to license and co-create games based upon the Duke Nukem franchise."

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Even if it is released and even if it is a good game, with it getting passed around so much I can't help but wondering how all of the code will come out... it may play like balls

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Yah, likewise, I stopped hoping a while back. I'll believe it when it's on the shelves, but I won't buy it even then until the reviews say it's worth playing. So, IF it gets released, and IF it's playable, I'll buy it. Until then, I'll hope for things like really efficient cars in the US, or something else that is unlikely but possible, before I waste time hoping for anything new Duke Nuke'em.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.