Performance Monitor Logging Problem...

I am having trouble getting performance monitor to log any data from the
ProcessorPerformance object. I can log just about any other counter that I
have tried, but I am really trying to record the processor frequency and
other ACPI related information.

Basically, I create a counter log and it will not start when there are only
ProcessorPerformance counters specified. It pops up an error message saying
that no counters are found. When I create a counter log with multiple
ProcessorPerformance counters and other counters, it will begin logging but
not include any data or headers from the ProcessorPerformance object in the
output file.

Any tips or suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about performance monitor logging problem

    How Can I Monitor for Different Types of Events With Just One Script:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/default.mspx

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "eze83" <eze83@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43BFF6D3-6845-4C8F-9B12-9EA3A05ECBE2@microsoft.com...
    >I am having trouble getting performance monitor to log any data from the
    > ProcessorPerformance object. I can log just about any other counter that I
    > have tried, but I am really trying to record the processor frequency and
    > other ACPI related information.
    >
    > Basically, I create a counter log and it will not start when there are only
    > ProcessorPerformance counters specified. It pops up an error message saying
    > that no counters are found. When I create a counter log with multiple
    > ProcessorPerformance counters and other counters, it will begin logging but
    > not include any data or headers from the ProcessorPerformance object in the
    > output file.
    >
    > Any tips or suggestions?

Performance Monitors Windows XP