Pac Man Repair?

Hello everyone, I am new to videos and was told to check this place out
for technical stuff. I recently bought my first machine, a Pac Man. While
playing I noticed the ghosts and the pac man guy were off color so I opened
up the cabinet and looked at the motherboard. I noticed there was a missing
chip on the board and alot of work on it. I flipped over the board and also
noticed quite a bit of solder work. The work was very spotty and in my
opinion not very well done. (I work in a stereo repair shop and have to do
solder work all the time). Does anyone know a Robert Bullock? The board
was listed as repaired by him. I would like to get ahold of him to see if
he could re-fix this board. Thanks for any help.
2 answers Last reply
More about repair

    Pretty sure he posts here. You can get you board repaired lots of places.
    Here's one: www.mikesarcade.com

    Brent
    "news.central.cox.net" <bitboy@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone, I am new to videos and was told to check this place
    out
    > for technical stuff. I recently bought my first machine, a Pac Man.
    While
    > playing I noticed the ghosts and the pac man guy were off color so I
    opened
    > up the cabinet and looked at the motherboard. I noticed there was a
    missing
    > chip on the board and alot of work on it. I flipped over the board and
    also
    > noticed quite a bit of solder work. The work was very spotty and in my
    > opinion not very well done. (I work in a stereo repair shop and have to do
    > solder work all the time). Does anyone know a Robert Bullock? The board
    > was listed as repaired by him. I would like to get ahold of him to see if
    > he could re-fix this board. Thanks for any help.

    If there was a chip missing, then it probably wasn't done by me. :) I'm
    fairly certain I don't send boards out with missing chips.

    Also, I do pretty good solder work, so I doubt that's mine. I use a Pace
    temp controlled iron, a needle type tip, and silver bearing .022 or .015
    solder with clear flux.

    I HAVE worked on some boards that have been charred by previous folks and I
    clean those up as best I can. But yeesh, some folks should be working
    digging ditches instead of boards.

    You can email me at rcbullock '*at*' cox.net. Your return address doesn't
    exist anymore since @home went out of business a few years back.

    Lastly, if you got this Pac where I think you got it, I sincerely regret to
    inform you that the quality of the board reinstallation may not have been
    par, depending on whodunnit.

    Email me and we'll figure this out.

    "news.central.cox.net" <bitboy@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone, I am new to videos and was told to check this place out
    > for technical stuff. I recently bought my first machine, a Pac Man.
    > While
    > playing I noticed the ghosts and the pac man guy were off color so I
    > opened
    > up the cabinet and looked at the motherboard. I noticed there was a
    > missing
    > chip on the board and alot of work on it. I flipped over the board and
    > also
    > noticed quite a bit of solder work. The work was very spotty and in my
    > opinion not very well done. (I work in a stereo repair shop and have to do
    > solder work all the time). Does anyone know a Robert Bullock? The board
    > was listed as repaired by him. I would like to get ahold of him to see if
    > he could re-fix this board. Thanks for any help.

Video Video Games