windows xp shutdown - remote procedure call (rpc) problem

May 12, 2005 4:04:07 PM

i have a sonylaptop with windows xp pro sp2 and auto update enable
it means that i have the latest patches and almost up to date system and
norton antivirus 2003 (also up to date)
it's about 2-3 days that my system shows a message about windows will
shutdown in 60sec, and starting a countdown. i learned to stop this by
"shutdown -a" but i can't solve the problem. my norton antivirus 2003 finds
no virus. also i used fixblast and again nothing! i tried to use system
restore and i can't , cause the system restore doesn't run! also i can't
connect to internet in win xp cause dial process doesn't run too. right now i
installed win 2000 on another partition and use that to solve the problem.
so i have to question:
1- how i can solve this strange problem?
2- i have a backup file of my system state created by windows backup
program, is it possible to restore my system by this file? (note: i can't run
backup program from win xp too! it makes an error in the last step of
restoring my backup file, also when i restore my system using backup program
from win 200 then i can't start my system with win xp!)
regards
Reza
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:14:05 PM