Best Fido service

Last response: in Network Providers
July 10, 2004 11:40:40 PM

Just wanted to mention that I've been really impressed by Fido's service
lately. I decided to use the 100 Fido Dollars I had and ordered a Z600 just
before noon on Thursday. I was told that I would receive it in 3 to 4 days
but was worried that this was optimistic since a store I tried to view it at
was backordered and I heard it was a very popular phone. I received it 24
hours later!!! This morning I realized I had completely forgotten about
going on contract to save even more money (I've been with them since Dec.
1999 and see no reason to switch) so I gave them a call. The CSR agreed to
credit my account the $200 for going on contract and also gave me 3 months
UNLIMITED local calling!!! Way to go Fido, I hope you stay around a long
time.

Brian

More about : fido service

July 11, 2004 3:13:47 AM

good for you, how is fido reception in buildings and malls? Since they have
less towers than others (rogers, telus, bell)

cd

"Brian Gonsalves" <bgon@NOSPMmail.com> wrote in message
> Just wanted to mention that I've been really impressed by Fido's service
> lately. I decided to use the 100 Fido Dollars I had and ordered a Z600
> just
> before noon on Thursday. I was told that I would receive it in 3 to 4 days
> but was worried that this was optimistic since a store I tried to view it
> at
> was backordered and I heard it was a very popular phone. I received it 24
> hours later!!! This morning I realized I had completely forgotten about
> going on contract to save even more money (I've been with them since Dec.
> 1999 and see no reason to switch) so I gave them a call. The CSR agreed to
> credit my account the $200 for going on contract and also gave me 3 months
> UNLIMITED local calling!!! Way to go Fido, I hope you stay around a long
> time.
>
> Brian

Anonymous
July 11, 2004 6:14:11 PM

"cd" <dewana7676@yahoo.ce> wrote in

> good for you, how is fido reception in buildings and malls? Since
> they have less towers than others (rogers, telus, bell)
>
> cd

I have been using FIDO since Telus bought ClearNet, i left them because of
droped calls, other times never getting txt messages and many times calls
going to voice mail straight, I have never hand any problems with FIDO, I
live in the GTA and I recomend them to any one, I just convinced a guy who
works for Rogers in a mall store and he is getting a FIDO and still work
for Rogers lol

my $0.02 Cents (Canadian)
July 11, 2004 7:15:57 PM

I have no problems with reception in the buildings and malls that I frequent
:-)

Brian

"cd" <dewana7676@yahoo.ce> wrote in message
> good for you, how is fido reception in buildings and malls? Since they
have
> less towers than others (rogers, telus, bell)
>
> cd
>
> "Brian Gonsalves" <bgon@NOSPMmail.com> wrote in message
> > Just wanted to mention that I've been really impressed by Fido's service
> > lately. I decided to use the 100 Fido Dollars I had and ordered a Z600
> > just
> > before noon on Thursday. I was told that I would receive it in 3 to 4
days
> > but was worried that this was optimistic since a store I tried to view
it
> > at
> > was backordered and I heard it was a very popular phone. I received it
24
> > hours later!!! This morning I realized I had completely forgotten about
> > going on contract to save even more money (I've been with them since
Dec.
> > 1999 and see no reason to switch) so I gave them a call. The CSR agreed
> > credit my account the $200 for going on contract and also gave me 3
months
> > UNLIMITED local calling!!! Way to go Fido, I hope you stay around a long
> > time.
> >
> > Brian

Anonymous
July 11, 2004 7:23:22 PM

"Just Me" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> "cd" <dewana7676@yahoo.ce> wrote in
>
> > good for you, how is fido reception in buildings and malls? Since
> > they have less towers than others (rogers, telus, bell)
> >
> > cd
> >

> I have been using FIDO since Telus bought ClearNet, i left them because of
> droped calls, other times never getting txt messages and many times calls
> going to voice mail straight, I have never hand any problems with FIDO, I
> live in the GTA and I recomend them to any one, I just convinced a guy
who
> works for Rogers in a mall store and he is getting a FIDO and still work
> for Rogers lol
>
> my $0.02 Cents (Canadian)

What problems was he having with Rogers?
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 1:15:58 AM

"Brian G" <hell@noway.com> wrote in

> "Just Me" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>> "cd" <dewana7676@yahoo.ce> wrote in
>>
>> > good for you, how is fido reception in buildings and malls? Since
>> > they have less towers than others (rogers, telus, bell)
>> >
>> > cd
>> >

>> I have been using FIDO since Telus bought ClearNet, i left them
>> because of droped calls, other times never getting txt messages and
>> many times calls going to voice mail straight, I have never hand any
>> problems with FIDO, I live in the GTA and I recomend them to any
>> one, I just convinced a guy
> who
>> works for Rogers in a mall store and he is getting a FIDO and still
>> work for Rogers lol
>>
>> my $0.02 Cents (Canadian)
>
> What problems was he having with Rogers?

He claims the signal is not that good and he has tried FIDO and the sound
is better, also FIDO has better plans the suit him better
July 14, 2004 9:32:51 AM

My man, your situation is not the norm.

[...]
:
: Brian
:
:
July 14, 2004 9:36:01 AM

You know, people think I am fu****! But, honestly, I was very happy
with Fido's reception in malls and everywhere. I even had service in
the Burnaby area (T&T) Market which is in the basement. As far as
1900 goes, they beat Rogers hands down. It would be nice if they
implemented 850 mhz and improve their customer service and relocate
their call center to somewhere other than Quebec.

"cd" <dewana7676@yahoo.ce> wrote in message
: good for you, how is fido reception in buildings and malls? Since
they have
: less towers than others (rogers, telus, bell)
:
: cd
July 14, 2004 9:38:12 AM

"Just Me" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message :
:
: I have been using FIDO since Telus bought ClearNet, i left them
because of
: droped calls, other times never getting txt messages and many times
calls
: going to voice mail straight, I have never hand any problems with
FIDO, I
: live in the GTA and I recomend them to any one, I just convinced a
guy who
: works for Rogers in a mall store and he is getting a FIDO and still
work
: for Rogers lol
:
: my $0.02 Cents (Canadian)

That's interesting since Telus' CDMA is very good. And CDMA is a far
better technology than GSM form what I hear. But, when it comes to
radio waves, reception varies where you are. I also had problems with
my Rogers with dropped calls and no service. It turned out to be my
phone.
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 1:51:59 PM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 05:38:12 +0000, Pavel wrote:

> "Just Me" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message :
> :
> : I have been using FIDO since Telus bought ClearNet, i left them
> because of
> : droped calls, other times never getting txt messages and many times
> calls
> : going to voice mail straight, I have never hand any problems with
> FIDO, I
> : live in the GTA and I recomend them to any one, I just convinced a
> guy who
> : works for Rogers in a mall store and he is getting a FIDO and still
> work
> : for Rogers lol
> :
> : my $0.02 Cents (Canadian)
>
> That's interesting since Telus' CDMA is very good. And CDMA is a far
> better technology than GSM form what I hear.

Better? Careful there. CDMA is only better for the provider, it doesn't
bring much of anything "better" to the consumer in most implementations
(except for very accurate time setting).

CDMA basically is only "better" because it is capable of cramming more
users into the same spectrum. That said, you never get something for
nothing, and CDMA has very "strange" problems that can appear. For
example, the more users using a site, the smaller that site's range, so
you can have a strong signal, but not be able to establish a call. This is
a common problem that shouldn't appear if the network is designed
properly, unfortunately that isn't always the case.

Aside from this, most CDMA implementations uses VERY poor echo cancellers
(i.e. Telus in my area, Bell isn't much better), and their codecs sound
HORRIBLE compared to Fido/Rogers. This point isn't really due to CDMA
directly, more to it's implementation by these providers. TTYL
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 1:54:18 PM

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 05:36:01 +0000, Pavel wrote:

> You know, people think I am fu****! But, honestly, I was very happy with
> Fido's reception in malls and everywhere. I even had service in the
> Burnaby area (T&T) Market which is in the basement. As far as 1900 goes,
> they beat Rogers hands down. It would be nice if they implemented 850 mhz

Hmm, that's right, all they have to do is call up Rogers or Telus and ask
them to give up some of their 800MHz specturm. Yup, that's going to happen...

> and improve their customer service and relocate their call center to
> somewhere other than Quebec.

Why? You have something against people from Quebec? While I haven't called
Fido CS very often, the few times I did I did encounter people who were
clearly not brought up with English. Nevertheless their English was more
then good enough and they were easy to deal with. Now, if only the company
didn't keep screwing up my billing, but that's another story. TTYL
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 2:50:06 AM

Well, I figured that people voice their frustrations here when they are
having problems so I thought I'd try to even it up. How often have people
received impressive customer service and told other people about it?

"Pavel" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> My man, your situation is not the norm.
>

> "Brian Gonsalves" <bgon@NOSPMmail.com> wrote in message
> : Just wanted to mention that I've been really impressed by Fido's
> service
> : lately. I decided to use the 100 Fido Dollars I had and ordered a
> Z600 just
> : before noon on Thursday. I was told that I would receive it in 3 to
> 4 days
> : but was worried that this was optimistic since a store I tried to
> view it at
> : was backordered and I heard it was a very popular phone. I received
> it 24
> : hours later!!! This morning I realized I had completely forgotten
> about
> : going on contract to save even more money (I've been with them since
> Dec.
> : 1999 and see no reason to switch) so I gave them a call. The CSR
> agreed to
> : credit my account the $200 for going on contract and also gave me 3
> months
> : UNLIMITED local calling!!! Way to go Fido, I hope you stay around a
> long
> : time.
> :
> : Brian
> :
> :

Anonymous
July 20, 2004 4:36:40 AM

What's wrong with having a call centre in Quebec?
> It would be nice if they implemented 850 mhz and improve their customer
service and relocate
> their call center to somewhere other than Quebec.
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 10:38:58 AM

I'll give them that. Where Fido does have coverage, it tends to be
good. But the *where* is very little in terms of area, major cities
and highways. I switched from Clearnet back then for the exact same
reason (dropped calls, calls going to v-mail and other nonense,
consistently).

Fido can vastly improve their coverage and customer service quality.
As I and other have mentioned on here, the only time they seem
interested in fixing problems is when you call in and threaten to
cancel. You expend a lot of goodwill if you do business this way.

!