802.11 G Router and 802.11B laptop - can't connect

I have a D-Link DI-524 802.11G wireless router that works fine with my
D-Link 802.11G PC Card.

My son has a Dell Inspiron 600M computer wired for 802.11B with an Intel
Pro/ wireless LAN 2100 mini PCI adapter.

The laptop won't connect to my router. HELP please. Thank you all very
much.

--
_____________
Jack Lavelle

    "Jack Lavelle" <lavelle3@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I have a D-Link DI-524 802.11G wireless router that works fine with my
    > D-Link 802.11G PC Card.
    >
    > My son has a Dell Inspiron 600M computer wired for 802.11B with an Intel
    > Pro/ wireless LAN 2100 mini PCI adapter.
    >
    > The laptop won't connect to my router. HELP please. Thank you all very
    > much.

    Hi,

    I'm not familier with your particular router, but presumably it has an
    internal webpage with settings?

    Check it is running in mixed mode, and not G only. It *should* then work.

    Note, the B laptop will slow down the network, while it is in use
    (transferring)

    Do you have WEP or WAP enabled? Has your son configured his notebook to
    your SSID etc??

    "Loz" <loznospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Jack Lavelle" <lavelle3@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > I have a D-Link DI-524 802.11G wireless router that works fine with my
    > > D-Link 802.11G PC Card.
    > >
    > > My son has a Dell Inspiron 600M computer wired for 802.11B with an Intel
    > > Pro/ wireless LAN 2100 mini PCI adapter.
    > >
    > > The laptop won't connect to my router. HELP please. Thank you all very
    > > much.
    >

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm not familier with your particular router, but presumably it has an
    > internal webpage with settings?
    >
    > Check it is running in mixed mode, and not G only. It *should* then work.
    >
    > Note, the B laptop will slow down the network, while it is in use
    > (transferring)

    I also just got a 600m today, and guess what - the NIC card won't get
    an IP either. This is bullsh*t. Neither the fancy IntelPRO2100
    'centrino' can get an ip and the super duper Broadcom Gigabit NIC
    can't get one either.

    Avoid the 600m like the plague. This thing is going back tomorrow
    unless someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

    In article <f1f051f3.0404051754.2bf9df2f@posting.google.com>, fmuse@yahoo.com (TJ) wrote:
    >I also just got a 600m today, and guess what - the NIC card won't get
    >an IP either. This is bullsh*t. Neither the fancy IntelPRO2100
    >'centrino' can get an ip and the super duper Broadcom Gigabit NIC
    >can't get one either.
    >
    >Avoid the 600m like the plague. This thing is going back tomorrow
    >unless someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

    What kinda AP are you trying to 'attach' to?

    >I have a D-Link DI-524 802.11G wireless router that works fine with my
    > D-Link 802.11G PC Card.
    >
    > My son has a Dell Inspiron 600M computer wired for 802.11B with an Intel
    > Pro/ wireless LAN 2100 mini PCI adapter.
    >
    > The laptop won't connect to my router. HELP please. Thank you all very
    > much.

    I have the exact same problem. I have the DI-524 an IBM Thinkpad also with
    the Intel Pro Wireless LAN 2100 mini PCI adapter (802.11b), and I cannot get
    it to work properly. I can get a signal, but it is very weak. The laptop
    even has to be located right next to the router to obtain this VERY weak
    signal. Somehow it seems that the router is not entirely compatible with
    802.11b... What can be done?

    --
    Michael

Laptops Routers D-Link WiFi Connection Wireless Networking