Loptop wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie151

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
evening all

i am currently trying to fix my nieces laptop. it boots up and displays the hp logo. it starts loading windows andthen shuts off. each time i restart it the amount of time in which it switches off decreases. now it dosnt get to the loading windows screen it just turns off. i have tried reinstalling widows from the hard drive, again it turns off, and also installing windows from both usb and cd, again it just turns off.i it wont boot into safe mode eithe. i have replaced the hard drive and the RAM both to no success.
any ideas?

KInd Regards
eddie

Is it maybe overheating? See if you can tell if the fan is working.

I would also check ram and try them one at a time if she has more than one stick in the laptop (sometimes one stick of ram is hidden underneath the keyboard while another is inside a door on the bottom of the laptop.)

scottiemedic

Distinguished
I would also agree with overheating. Listen for the fan to spin up or put your hand next to the output radiator area and feel for air.

Next, when it boots, go into the BIOS and see if there is any temp monitoring options or if it will even stay booted in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.