microsoft word 2003

MS word is not functioning properly. i tried 2 uninstall but i keep getting
message must Be in safe mode or windows installer isn't properly installed
itself. what do i do from here? i belive i've tried everything to my
knowlegde which isn't much when it comes to computers.
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft word 2003

    Try repairing Word 2003.

    From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822005#13

    To run the Detect and Repair feature, click Detect and Repair on the Help
    menu in Word. The Detect and Repair feature fixes and repairs Word. All
    files, registry entries, and optional shortcuts for all Office 2003 programs
    are verified and repaired. If you run Detect and Repair from Word, all other
    Office 2003 programs are also checked. This feature performs only a
    checksum.

    The Detect and Repair feature can also restore the Word program shortcuts on
    the Start menu. To do this, click Help, click Detect and Repair, and then
    click to select the Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box.

    If Detect and Repair does not correct the problem, you may have to reinstall
    Word. The Reinstall feature in the Maintenance Mode dialog box completes the
    same action as Detect and Repair, except that Reinstall copies a file when
    the files are of equal versions. Detect and Repair does not copy over the
    file when the install file has the correct version and checksum.

    Note The Detect and Repair feature does not repair damaged documents or a
    damaged Data key in the registry or the Normal template.

    If a file that Word must start is missing, the Windows Installer
    automatically installs that file before starting the program.

    How to install or repair and reinstall Office 2003 programs and features:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821593

    For the other error message regarding Windows Installer, see:

    "Error 1719. The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" error
    message when you try to add or remove a program:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315346

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "renscarjames" <renscarjames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > MS word is not functioning properly. i tried 2 uninstall but i keep
    > getting
    > message must Be in safe mode or windows installer isn't properly installed
    > itself. what do i do from here? i belive i've tried everything to my
    > knowlegde which isn't much when it comes to computers.

Microsoft Word Windows Installer Microsoft Windows XP