Strange unerasable zero-k files

Tags:
  • Windows XP
May 13, 2005 5:53:05 AM

How to delete some 0Kb files remained after an unistall?
They result not-erasable at all, even after attribute changing, even in pure
DOS, even with a blank space filler.
"Damaged files, not erasable".
Awful.
Any magics to do it, before formatting ?

Thanks.

Abraham

More about : strange unerasable files

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 5:53:06 AM

Abraham wrote:
> How to delete some 0Kb files remained after an unistall?
> They result not-erasable at all, even after attribute changing, even
> in pure DOS, even with a blank space filler.
> "Damaged files, not erasable".
> Awful.
> Any magics to do it, before formatting ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Abraham

See "Locked Files Wizard" / "Copylock"
http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#CopyLock

They can help to delete files.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

See "Locked Files Wizard" / "Copylock"
http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#CopyLock

That's an useful suggestion, Maurice.
Thank you, I'll try CopyLock and let you know about...

Abraham
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:35:50 AM

Also:

http://www.dr-hoiby.com/WhoLockMe/index.php

NIK

--
Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup.
"Maurice N ~ MVP" <maurice@mvps.org> wrote in message
Abraham wrote:
> How to delete some 0Kb files remained after an unistall?
> They result not-erasable at all, even after attribute changing, even
> in pure DOS, even with a blank space filler.
> "Damaged files, not erasable".
> Awful.
> Any magics to do it, before formatting ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Abraham

See "Locked Files Wizard" / "Copylock"
http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#CopyLock

They can help to delete files.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
-----
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:49:23 PM

You're welcome.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User
> See "Locked Files Wizard" / "Copylock"
> http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#CopyLock
>

> That's an useful suggestion, Maurice.
> Thank you, I'll try CopyLock and let you know about...
>
> Abraham
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 7:23:46 AM

Sorry, no results.
Strange 0 bit files refuse any treatment.
Defrag can't work at all.
???

AA

"Maurice N ~ MVP" <maurice@mvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:o c%2354u9VFHA.3488@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> You're welcome.
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> ---
> "Abraham" wrote
>> See "Locked Files Wizard" / "Copylock"
>> http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#CopyLock
>>

>> That's an useful suggestion, Maurice.
>> Thank you, I'll try CopyLock and let you know about...
>>
>> Abraham

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 9:48:24 PM

Abraham rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:

> Sorry, no results.
> Strange 0 bit files refuse any treatment.
> Defrag can't work at all.
> ???
>
> AA
>

>"Maurice N ~ MVP" <maurice@mvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:o c%2354u9VFHA.3488@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> You're welcome.
>> --
>> Maurice N
>> MVP Windows - Shell / User ---
>> "Abraham" wrote
>>> See "Locked Files Wizard" / "Copylock"
>>> http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc#CopyLock
>>>

>>> That's an useful suggestion, Maurice.
>>> Thank you, I'll try CopyLock and let you know about...
>>>
>>> Abraham

Ctrl alt del and end explorer then run cmd and use the del command.