2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?17"+ preferred
3. What screen resolution do you want? One that fits the laptop's size lol
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable (replacing 2006 laptop)
5. How much battery life do you need? Best I can get but I'd say 90% of the time would be on charger
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? PSO2(Phantasy Star Online 2), Minecraft, Gamecube Emulator Dolphin, League of Legends (maybe), Star Wars: The Old Republic(maybe). HIGH settings would be wonderful if able.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? General Purpose (Internet,Work/School Work,etc) Photoshop,Sony Vegas (just for fun) Music,Video,etc
Generally the laptop will be mostly for multimedia/internet and playing games when able. Being able to play games on good graphics/settings would be HUGE bonus.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I'd prefer 750GB or more
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? CD/DVD Read/Burner (unsure if correct technical term).....Bluray would be nice for potential possible fun projects but in no way needed
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I only have personal experience with HP and Toshiba so I'm not bias but would prefer a brand that specializes at multimedia/gaming laptops (similar to the Acer shown above)
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. N/A Additional Questions below
ADDITIONAL QUESTION: 1. The laptop mentioned above comes with 6GB of RAM max is 16GB iirc. Would it be recommended to buff the total to say 8GB or more?
2. Is there a huge difference between i5 and i7 in terms of performance and should it be taken into consideration?
3. Like #2, is 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen any drastic difference that should be taken into consideration?
The acer one I showed I believe said Thad a dual driver support but according to reviews, it doesn't have the addition "caddy" (idk what that is) for the 2nd hdd or suppose a ssd instead...have to order it..
Doesn't seem time be an easy find