I've been trying to look into laptops and such so I found this forum again as I am researching. And this is great way to try to find a best fit laptop for my needs :I
1. What is your budget? less than a thousand dollars! hopefully less than 800 really, but 1000 is my limit :I
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? maybe between 15"-17" .. the larger the better hahaha
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1024 x 768 , it feels nice to have the screen res high
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable
5. How much battery life do you need? more than 1.5? haha it'll be plugged in usually
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? Skyrim - high or medium <- i know it's a really nice game with great graphics, so it'd be great to view it on the pc with the graphics on par to the xbox if anything or maybe fallout or any other graphics heavy games on medium or high.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I will definitely be editing both videos and photos, but also dual tasking with playing games, recording, audio recording etc. Music producing and syncing with a piano synthesizer etc.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Size doesn't matter, usually the higher the better, but at least 250 i guess?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. anywhere is fine, but no fishy places
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-4 years worth, current one is quite outdated, but still used it for four years after receiving it as a hand-me-down
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in? usa
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. hopefully there is a hdmi port (i believe it needs a good computer res to be compatible with it, but i could be wrong), webcam built in w/ mic, at least 2 usb ports
Been asking for much but hopefully there is something out there for me