Closed

Why CD ROM DRIVE doesn't show in MY COMPUTER

May 12, 2005 9:47:06 PM

Hi, Using win XP home, and a brand new DELL 2400 Dimennsion.

I have a BenQ DVD Writer as Master and the Dell CD/DVD ROM drive as
slave.

Both work, both show up in Device Manager, but the CD/DVD ROM does not
show in MY COMPUTER, even though it works fine!

I'm stumped! Anybody else?

Mike
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:02:23 PM

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Windows Explorer: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.h...

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"MIke" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1115945226.677163.283930@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Hi, Using win XP home, and a brand new DELL 2400 Dimennsion.
>
> I have a BenQ DVD Writer as Master and the Dell CD/DVD ROM drive as
> slave.
>
> Both work, both show up in Device Manager, but the CD/DVD ROM does not
> show in MY COMPUTER, even though it works fine!
>
> I'm stumped! Anybody else?
>
> Mike

Anonymous
June 18, 2010 11:55:46 AM

Hi i'm using an old PC AND i am tring to instal a new windows but the CD-ROM doesn't show in My Computer,and i can't boot from the CD-ROM what could i do?
i think the CD-ROM works ....
Related resources
June 18, 2010 12:27:00 PM

This topic has been closed by Aford10