Closed

Why CD ROM DRIVE doesn't show in MY COMPUTER

Hi, Using win XP home, and a brand new DELL 2400 Dimennsion.

I have a BenQ DVD Writer as Master and the Dell CD/DVD ROM drive as
slave.

Both work, both show up in Device Manager, but the CD/DVD ROM does not
show in MY COMPUTER, even though it works fine!

I'm stumped! Anybody else?

Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about drive doesn show computer

    Restore CD/DVD Drives to Windows Explorer: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "MIke" <axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1115945226.677163.283930@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Hi, Using win XP home, and a brand new DELL 2400 Dimennsion.
    >
    > I have a BenQ DVD Writer as Master and the Dell CD/DVD ROM drive as
    > slave.
    >
    > Both work, both show up in Device Manager, but the CD/DVD ROM does not
    > show in MY COMPUTER, even though it works fine!
    >
    > I'm stumped! Anybody else?
    >
    > Mike

  2. Hi i'm using an old PC AND i am tring to instal a new windows but the CD-ROM doesn't show in My Computer,and i can't boot from the CD-ROM what could i do?
    i think the CD-ROM works ....
  3. Hey chynezu

    First, try running this diagnostic scan.
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

    If that doesn't fix it, try deleting the upper and lower filters.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

    If you need more assistance, please start your own thread, because this one is 5 years old.
  4. This topic has been closed by Aford10

Computers DVD Drives CD-Rom Windows XP