Help! Spyware has taken over...

Spyware or some other malicious item has taken over my desktop. It has
overlaid my desktop so that I can no longer get to the properties of my
display. This 'desktop has a message that my computer has spyware, and for
tips on removal, I should click... which takes me to who knows where. I
can't get this thing off my desktop. Any ideas?

Please look at my problem sound familiar> Look under Start up messed up

--
Daffodills in Trouble!

"psweeney44" wrote:

> Spyware or some other malicious item has taken over my desktop. It has
> overlaid my desktop so that I can no longer get to the properties of my
> display. This 'desktop has a message that my computer has spyware, and for
> tips on removal, I should click... which takes me to who knows where. I
> can't get this thing off my desktop. Any ideas?

Hi,

Here is a combination of utilities that I have found to work very well
in the removal and prevention of virus infection, spyware, parasites,
malware and the like.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

psweeney44 wrote:
> Spyware or some other malicious item has taken over my
> desktop. It has overlaid my desktop so that I can no
> longer get to the properties of my display. This
> 'desktop has a message that my computer has spyware, and
> for tips on removal, I should click... which takes me to
> who knows where. I can't get this thing off my desktop.
> Any ideas?

The most prevalent suspect at the moment for your description is
"Trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c"
It is an absolute pain to get rid of, start with the Microsoft Antispyware
Beta, google the trojan name and follow any, and all instructions you decide
to follow. I found the forum on dell com pretty good and geekstogo.
After you have got rid of it you need to repair your registry to get your
desktop properties back and you may also then end up with some Error 5:Access
is Denied problems which you should deal with seperately.
You've got some long hours ahead of you.

petecee