windows XP

May 13, 2005 12:48:04 AM

My hard drive crash, and i send to repeir but they install window home
edition sp2, and my original window is Dell XP professional sp1, i want to
load my window, but I cannot , becouse the system said there is a new ones
loaded.

More about : windows

May 13, 2005 7:57:46 AM

"ER" <ER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My hard drive crash, and i send to repeir but they install window home
> edition sp2, and my original window is Dell XP professional sp1, i want to
> load my window, but I cannot , becouse the system said there is a new ones
> loaded.
Take it back to the repair place and tell them to install the XP
Professional SP2. They after all made the mistake.
Jim
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 6:40:51 PM

Somewhat confusing - if you currently have Home Edition installed Pro
Edition will install, however if you currently have Pro installed then using
the Home CD will result in a message that you have a newer version installed
and setup.exe will be deactivated. If Home with SP2 is installed it may be
that it is consider "newer" with respect to Pro with SP!.
AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
Myers, FL
May 14, 2005 3:40:02 PM

Yes that is the problem i have right now Home with SP2 intalled, I want to
change for may original Pro SP1 and them load the SP2, but i can not, you can
help me saying me how?

I do not want to return to the people that change the hard drive, i do not
want to return to some body who I gave the Original disk to install original
software and they simple load other one.