windows XP

My hard drive crash, and i send to repeir but they install window home
edition sp2, and my original window is Dell XP professional sp1, i want to
load my window, but I cannot , becouse the system said there is a new ones
loaded.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows

    "ER" <ER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My hard drive crash, and i send to repeir but they install window home
    > edition sp2, and my original window is Dell XP professional sp1, i want to
    > load my window, but I cannot , becouse the system said there is a new ones
    > loaded.
    Take it back to the repair place and tell them to install the XP
    Professional SP2. They after all made the mistake.
    Jim

    Somewhat confusing - if you currently have Home Edition installed Pro
    Edition will install, however if you currently have Pro installed then using
    the Home CD will result in a message that you have a newer version installed
    and setup.exe will be deactivated. If Home with SP2 is installed it may be
    that it is consider "newer" with respect to Pro with SP!.
    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

    Yes that is the problem i have right now Home with SP2 intalled, I want to
    change for may original Pro SP1 and them load the SP2, but i can not, you can
    help me saying me how?

    I do not want to return to the people that change the hard drive, i do not
    want to return to some body who I gave the Original disk to install original
    software and they simple load other one.

    "Al Romanosky" wrote:

    > Somewhat confusing - if you currently have Home Edition installed Pro
    > Edition will install, however if you currently have Pro installed then using
    > the Home CD will result in a message that you have a newer version installed
    > and setup.exe will be deactivated. If Home with SP2 is installed it may be
    > that it is consider "newer" with respect to Pro with SP!.
    > AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    > Myers, FL

Windows XP Microsoft Hard Drives