Narrowband Router?

Blake

This may be a duplicate post. Sorry if it is.

I would like some advice on where to find a narrowband wireless router
with DSL/cable also.

Thanks Blake

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I haven't heard of narrowband router.

As per Newton's telecom dictionary, "narrowband" refers to
telecommunication that carries voice information in a narrow band of
frequencies. More specifically, the term has been used to describe a
specific frequency range set aside by the U.S. FCC for mobile or radio
services, including paging systems, from 50 cps to 64 Kbps.

The term is usually contrasted with wideband or broadband.

Bbroadband refers to telecommunication in which a wide band of frequencies
is available to transmit information. Because a wide band of frequencies
is available, information can be multiplexed and sent on many different
frequencies or channels within the band concurrently, allowing more
information to be transmitted in a given amount of time (much as more
lanes on a highway allow more cars to travel on it at the same time).
Related terms are wideband (a synonym), baseband (a one-channel band), and
narrowband (sometimes meaning just wide enough to carry voice, or simply
"not broadband," and sometimes meaning specifically between 50 cps and 64
Kpbs).

There is a SMC7004AWBR Barricade wireless router that has a DB-9 RS232
serial port you can be connected to a USR Sportster external 56Kbps modem
and a RJ-45 WAN port. This particular SMC wireless router also has 4
10/100Base-T RJ-45 ports and a parallel printer port. I hope this answers
your question.

On 3 Apr 2004, Blake wrote:

> This may be a duplicate post. Sorry if it is.
>
> I would like some advice on where to find a narrowband wireless router
> with DSL/cable also.
>
> Thanks Blake

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"Blake" <bmk@linuxmail.org> wrote in message
> This may be a duplicate post. Sorry if it is.
>
> I would like some advice on where to find a narrowband wireless router
> with DSL/cable also.
>
> Thanks Blake

Apple's Airport Extreme, there are others manufacturers, Orinoco & HP.