  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 13, 2005 3:58:02 AM

hi,
when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

More about : type ftp website

Anonymous
May 13, 2005 10:59:53 AM

Hi,

Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, try disabling passive ftp.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
> cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help
May 13, 2005 10:59:54 AM

there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.

still cannot open the ftp
website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
please help

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, try disabling passive ftp.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
> > cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

Related resources
May 14, 2005 12:09:47 AM

Here's an eg. ftp://ftp.jetstreamgames.co.nz/

"apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the
> pages
> cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 12:32:10 AM

The problem is, the address you are using is invalid because the file you
are trying to connect to is not there... Drop the file name, leaving the
last slash (/) in place. If that doesn't work then us the steps below:

Website: ftp://61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/
UserName: leonvic
Password: vivki

There is one folder, and one file... The folder contains some Real Media
files, and then there is a Windows Media Video file called,
"Janice_minilive_Qingshen.wmv"

> there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.
>
> still cannot open the ftp
> website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
> please help

May 14, 2005 2:53:05 AM

hi,
when i type your website , entering user name, and password, then ftp folder
error exist, what should i do??

Please help

!