how to type ftp website

hi,
when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help
5 answers Last reply
More about type website

    Hi,

    Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, try disabling passive ftp.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
    > cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

    there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.

    still cannot open the ftp
    website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
    please help

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, try disabling passive ftp.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hi,
    > > when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
    > > cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

    Here's an eg. ftp://ftp.jetstreamgames.co.nz/

    "apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the
    > pages
    > cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

    The problem is, the address you are using is invalid because the file you
    are trying to connect to is not there... Drop the file name, leaving the
    last slash (/) in place. If that doesn't work then us the steps below:

    Website: ftp://61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/
    UserName: leonvic
    Password: vivki

    There is one folder, and one file... The folder contains some Real Media
    files, and then there is a Windows Media Video file called,
    "Janice_minilive_Qingshen.wmv"

    > there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.
    >
    > still cannot open the ftp
    > website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
    > please help

    hi,
    when i type your website , entering user name, and password, then ftp folder
    error exist, what should i do??

    Please help

    "FeMaster" wrote:

    > The problem is, the address you are using is invalid because the file you
    > are trying to connect to is not there... Drop the file name, leaving the
    > last slash (/) in place. If that doesn't work then us the steps below:
    >
    > Website: ftp://61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/
    > UserName: leonvic
    > Password: vivki
    >
    > There is one folder, and one file... The folder contains some Real Media
    > files, and then there is a Windows Media Video file called,
    > "Janice_minilive_Qingshen.wmv"
    >

    > "apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.
    > >
    > > still cannot open the ftp
    > > website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
    > > please help

FTP Support Microsoft Windows XP