how to type ftp website

apple

hi,
when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

Hi,

Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, try disabling passive ftp.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
> cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

apple

there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.

still cannot open the ftp
website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
please help

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, try disabling passive ftp.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
> > cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

izzy

Here's an eg. ftp://ftp.jetstreamgames.co.nz/

"apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the
> pages
> cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

The problem is, the address you are using is invalid because the file you
are trying to connect to is not there... Drop the file name, leaving the
last slash (/) in place. If that doesn't work then us the steps below:

Website: ftp://61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/
UserName: leonvic
Password: vivki

There is one folder, and one file... The folder contains some Real Media
files, and then there is a Windows Media Video file called,
"Janice_minilive_Qingshen.wmv"

> there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.
>
> still cannot open the ftp
> website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
> please help

apple

hi,
when i type your website , entering user name, and password, then ftp folder
error exist, what should i do??

Please help