Start Menu -- ALL Programs quit working

When I click on Start, then put my cursor on "ALL PROGRAMS", nothing
happens!!! I right clicked on start to get to properties. I made sure that it
still have the check beside showing programs when you hesitate with the
cursor. What happened? How can I do a restore without being able to get to
system tools?
--
Laura
2 answers Last reply

    If you can right click on the Start button, select Explore.
    Navigate to the following location:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe

    Double click on that program to run System Restore.

    Good luck

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "berryone" <berryone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I click on Start, then put my cursor on "ALL PROGRAMS",
    > nothing
    > happens!!! I right clicked on start to get to properties. I
    > made sure that it
    > still have the check beside showing programs when you hesitate
    > with the
    > cursor. What happened? How can I do a restore without being
    > able to get to
    > system tools?
    > --
    > Laura

    A simpler approach than my earlier suggestion would be to right
    click on "All Programs" and select "Open All Users" or "Explore
    All Users". You would then be able to navigate to Start
    Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools and run System Restore
    from there.

    Sometimes the behavior you're experiencing is caused by an
    incorrect registry setting.
    You might want to try the following:
    Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the Open box.
    Navigate to the following location:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

    Look for a Value in the right hand pane named MenuShowDelay.
    If the number in the Data column is large, in the thousands,
    right click on MenuShowDelay and select Modify from the drop down
    menu.
    Change the Value data to something between 400 and 800.
    Close the registry editor.
    You will have to log off and log back on for the change to take
    effect.

    If you prefer, you can go to this web site and download the
    registry fix from line 68 on the left hand side, Set Menu Delay
    to 400:

    Nepatsfan
    "berryone" <berryone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I click on Start, then put my cursor on "ALL PROGRAMS",
    > nothing
    > happens!!! I right clicked on start to get to properties. I
    > made sure that it
    > still have the check beside showing programs when you hesitate
    > with the
    > cursor. What happened? How can I do a restore without being
    > able to get to
    > system tools?
    > --
    > Laura